GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf 1.4 TSI Tornado Red has arrived!

Zundefolge

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Picked up my Golf 1.4 TSI 122 SE in Tornado Red on Tuesday. Went really well, was given a free Split Screen Van Money Tin from the Merchandise Catalogue. The car is faultless, done 98 Miles so far, averaging 52 mpg on 25 to 30 mile trips. Should improve with miles and as the engine loosens up i guess.

Pics: Hopefully:D

Hope that worked!

DW58

Go Kart Champion

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
congrats !

DW58

Go Kart Champion
What's the round thing in the cup-holder behind the gearstick, I also noticed it in the Brazilian Golf posted earlier?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thats the "smoking package". it's removable. came standard in mine

Zundefolge

Ready to race!
Thanks for the kind comments. Got the car earlier than i thought as it was a cancelled order. The customer ordered an SE, then 3 months down the line changed there mind, said they couldn't afford it and asked for an S. That suprised me and the dealer. I was able to nab it as it was on the vw system as Left hand drive, so it put off the dealers. Re: the smokers pack, i wasnt charged for it, so i guess it was part of the original order. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think its standard equipment.
Any updates on yours Rob?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thats the "smoking package". it's removable. came standard in mine

Ah, got you - thanks.

Thanks for the kind comments. Got the car earlier than i thought as it was a cancelled order. The customer ordered an SE, then 3 months down the line changed there mind, said they couldn't afford it and asked for an S. That suprised me and the dealer. I was able to nab it as it was on the vw system as Left hand drive, so it put off the dealers. Re: the smokers pack, i wasnt charged for it, so i guess it was part of the original order. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think its standard equipment.
Any updates on yours Rob?

Good deal.

Yes, picking mine up on Wednesday - getting rather excited now. I think I could have had it sooner but my salesman has gone off sick unexpectedly and I don't think the stand-in is exactly busting a guy.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, can't fault mine.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Lovely looking car Zundefolge, hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Done 3000 miles so far and look forward to driving it each morning. Look forward to hearing your views on ownership over coming weeks.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Looks lovely :). That interior makes my mk6 look very dated. Damn you VW tracking system - still showing as processing order - nuts.

Zundefolge

Ready to race!
Thanks Andrew. Only done 98 miles now, but drives absolutely faultlessly. None of the previously mentioned problems, suspension, wiper smearing so far.
Thinking up making reasons to run it out at the moment, just popping to the shops for that newspaper, etc LOL. I will start a thread soon on ownership experiences etc.

Cheers for your nice comments Redbutcher, my last car was a mark 4 Golf, so this feels worlds different. When did you order your car?. What colour did you opt for

Tom

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Lovely car there! Im liking the red as well, It makes me happy that I chose red for my car. Build commencing 8th Dec, wish it would hurry up lol