GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there way to change the service reminder interval?

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
My oil change reminder came on while there is still 2000 miles to go. Does anyone know how to change the reminder interval or is it even possible? I know how to change the total mileage/days between services but couldn't find anything about reminder interval. I'd like to lower the mileage it comes on like at 1000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I can't be the only one that get the reminder pop up so early. Anyone?

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=550393

I haven't tried this myself, but I hope it helps

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't mention on how to change the reminder. My service interval is already set to 10k miles or 365 days but I need to change the reminder interval. It popped up at 28k miles with 2k miles still to go. I could simply reset but I would rather code it.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
You can change it with vagcom. It's under the instruments module, find the max distance/max time settings and adjust them from there.
I don't want to adjust the distance or max interval between oil changes. I just want to change the interval pop up reminder.

Last edited:

autofi

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't to adjust the distance or max interval between oil changes. I just want to change the interval pop up reminder.

What you're looking for is also in 17 instruments!

autofi

Passed Driver's Ed
In Instruments scroll down ~ 1/3 of adaptation and look for service notification.There are 2 separate ones and on my car both set at 30 days.I changed mine to 5 days which works for me.I also changed service to the FIX program with lower mileage/time than factory 10K.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
In Instruments scroll down ~ 1/3 of adaptation and look for service notification.There are 2 separate ones and on my car both set at 30 days.I changed mine to 5 days which works for me.I also changed service to the FIX program with lower mileage/time than factory 10K.
Thanks! I did see that one before but it didn't make sense to me at that time as currently my service interval is set to 10k or 365 days. I always reach the mileage limit first. So it didn't make sense to me to mess with day counter reminder. I mean it's still doesn't but if it works I'll change it. Thanks again for your help!

autofi

Passed Driver's Ed
If I understand correctly the way it works, both time/distance are comparing who gets there first.Based on your driving pattern will then pop the notice.The 5 days on my car translated to a ~ 200 mile notice for service.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I was only able to change one of them to 5 days. The second one wouldn't allow me to make any changes.