GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recently Acquired!

JaredMk7

Hey MK7 friends,

I just picked up my '15 (I know, I missed the MIB 2) GTI - DSG - Tornado Red - Autobahn, LP.
I have come from a line of VAG cars, and this is by far my favorite, even in stock form.

The overall quality is incredible, for the price, and with the tuning potential, made buying one an obvious choice!

I look forward to conversing with many of you as I begin to build!

Plans: Down-pipe, cat back, suspension, APR stg 2+, some type of boost gauge (P3?), wheels, minor aero, and sway-bars. And maybe, just maybe IS38 down the road.

Initial question: do many people run any protective coating on their LP cars?

(PS. If anyone is selling literally anything to what they consider a good price, feel free to post a reply, or a link to your ad in the privates)

Attachments

• gti 3.JPG
    gti 3.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 420

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Congrats, great choice. The GTi looks stunning in red when viewing in the flesh, pictures never really do it justice.

Enjoy, it's such a brilliant car.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats and welcome to the club. Red looks great in the pictures.

Just curious - why are you looking into protective coating on LP vehicles in specific?

JaredMk7

Congrats and welcome to the club. Red looks great in the pictures.

Just curious - why are you looking into protective coating on LP vehicles in specific?

Simply for the headlights.
This is my first "genuinely nice" vehicle, so I may put a clear wrap on the front clip, as its in great condition so far.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Congrats! Love my Red GTi

Attachments

• Pair of GTis.jpg
    Pair of GTis.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 313

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Simply for the headlights.
This is my first "genuinely nice" vehicle, so I may put a clear wrap on the front clip, as its in great condition so far.

I get all of my cars done. Full package, plus custom pieces.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Congrats! I do like the red. I can only assume your name is Jared? I only ask because that's my name too! But I drive a pure white Mk7 :rolleyes:

As far as protecting the headlights, I use Chemical Guys Jetseal (also used on the painted surfaces). I applied it once when I purchased the car, and then again last month when I gave the whole car a good detailing.

Other than that I also wax them on the regular intervals like the paint. It may be overkill but I feel like it helps.