GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hop?

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
I was changing gear on paddle shift today and I felt like the car hop. Is this normal? This is the second time I felt this. Did anyone experienced this?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Wheel hop you are talking about might be traction issues with stock tires. Many people have reported this issue and it has been discussed in several threads.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
isn't it like raining or snowing in TN? If not traction related your fluid is low or you burned out your clutches already.

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
Changing from first to second gear. Road condition is ok. Just normal acceleration. Im at custom mode. Is custom same as comfort?

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
When I say hop, its like a thud sound like the car was push from rear. I read in some post about that dogbone, will this help
if I install in my car?

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
When I say hop, its like a thud sound like the car was push from rear. I read in some post about that dogbone, will this help
if I install in my car?

Might not be anything but on cases like always good to verify loose items.
Check that nothing in hatch under tray by spare is loose. Spare tire bolted tight.
Check muffler to make sure secured. Maybe also check bolts on sway bar mount and do end links feel secure. Worth a check. If nothing, then keep listening and driving to see if you can identify. Someone here might also have better info.

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
It just doesn't happen all the time though so I can a take video. I'd say it's like a sudden jolt after I shift to next gear. usually when I shift to 2nd gear. I don't get this on auto mode.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Happens sometimes. Too much boost at the wrong time can do it, bad road surface. Other factors. You'll learn the modulate the throttle pedal more delicately and you'll feel it less if never. You'll also get wheelspin in second if the boost kicks in full. Pay close attention to the street surface and condition

First time I felt it was when my lady drove my car the first day and just matted the theottle from like 5mph and it was ugly. Lol.... only had it happen once after on bad road.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk