GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Conspiracy?

adam1991

Banned
yeah, I was out of the BB world before the Passport.

The problem with technology like that is not that the piece itself dies--it's that its functionality slowly disappears.

Apps are the biggest issue, of course, but then there's advances in cellular technology that demand that you throw away a two year old phone so you can take advantage of new frequencies and coverage.

To compare in my personal life, I still have the best modem ever built--one of the last USR Courier DS units. It's still sitting on my shelf. I spent huge amounts of money for it, and received very high value from it. But in September 1997 I went to cable broadband, and that was it. So now what use do I have for it? Best damn thing in the world, and it's a big so what.

It's just best to move on in life.

Loonster

Ready to race!
yeah, I was out of the BB world before the Passport.

The problem with technology like that is not that the piece itself dies--it's that its functionality slowly disappears.

Apps are the biggest issue, of course, but then there's advances in cellular technology that demand that you throw away a two year old phone so you can take advantage of new frequencies and coverage.

To compare in my personal life, I still have the best modem ever built--one of the last USR Courier DS units. It's still sitting on my shelf. I spent huge amounts of money for it, and received very high value from it. But in September 1997 I went to cable broadband, and that was it. So now what use do I have for it? Best damn thing in the world, and it's a big so what.

It's just best to move on in life.

So true, there are almost zero apps for this phone. You know what, I don't care. email, text, pdf, word, exel, super quick and that huge screen. Then there's the Blackberry Hub, probably the best thought out layout of what a business user interface should be. Then there's BBM, simply the fastest messaging service anywhere. I love being in my office getting an email on my phone before anyone else who happens to be cc'd on the same email gets theirs.

Blackberry is so old school, it's sad really. They just never evolved and got lost. They just never understood that phones needed to be toys too, not just communication devices. The Apple wave came and they never recovered. As completely antiquated of a system as OS10 is, it is still the most productive platform I have ever used. I get tons of emails a day, I'm always on the go, my BB is part of my everyday life.

It's hilarious to think I have Apple CarPlay in my VW and don't even use it.