GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock lugbolts & aftermarket wheels

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
I bought a set of rotiform ind-ts for my GTI. I'm wondering if the stock (27mm) lugbolts are fine to use with the wheels or should I get longer lugbolts?
I was thinking of going to 30mm minimum or possibly 33mm.

Any information is appreciated.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
I bought a set of rotiform ind-ts for my GTI. I'm wondering if the stock (27mm) lugbolts are fine to use with the wheels or should I get longer lugbolts?
I was thinking of going to 30mm minimum or possibly 33mm.

Any information is appreciated.

If you are not using spacers, then the stock length is fine.
The stock bolts are ball seat. Some aftermarket wheels use conical seat.
That's what you need to find out about the Rotiform wheels.
If the Rotiforms use conical, you'll need to get conical seat lug bolts.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
If you are not using spacers, then the stock length is fine.
The stock bolts are ball seat. Some aftermarket wheels use conical seat.
That's what you need to find out about the Rotiform wheels.
If the Rotiforms use conical, you'll need to get conical seat lug bolts.

Not sure I understand how a conical seat lug bolt would work on a GTI. They appear to fit studs ? Why wouldn't a standard ball seat lugnut fit with rotiforms?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Not sure I understand how a conical seat lug bolt would work on a GTI. They appear to fit studs ? Why wouldn't a standard ball seat lugnut fit with rotiforms?

If you have rims with a conical seat, then they will. OEM uses balls seat lug bolts. If the aftermarket rims require conical seat lug bolts, then that's what you need to get. Contact Rotiform to be 100% sure. If the rotiforms have ball seats, then it is the same as OEM.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
If you have rims with a conical seat, then they will. OEM uses balls seat lug bolts. If the aftermarket rims require conical seat lug bolts, then that's what you need to get. Contact Rotiform to be 100% sure. If the rotiforms have ball seats, then it is the same as OEM.

thank you, much apperciated