GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Great pricing right now, but opinions wanted

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
I'm looking to get back into a MK7 GTI and I can get a base S DSG for $21k. However, the HID's and the LSD are a must. There aren't any Sports available, so I'd have to step up to a SE, which is $27k.

I'm thinking the best deal would be get the S and spend about $5k in mods. For that $5k I'm thinking....
Wavetrac differential
Rev9 downpipe
Stage 2 tune
Coilovers
Helix HID's
APR intake and TIP

So, it's really hard to refuse this deal considering that I'd essentially be getting a brand new Stage 2 car + suspension/differential/lighting for not much over $25k.

However, i could also get the SE and spend $2k less in mods and have a pretty loaded stage 2 car with coilovers for well under $30k....

Great deals to be had either way. I'd really like the SE, but I don't really care about the leather/sunroof.

Anyone know the weight of a base S DSG versus a SE DSG? Maybe that'll help me decide, or not LOL.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
there are sports out there still i have a found a few available still

There are some, but I think the supply may be getting low in some places. I bought mine a few weeks ago, wanted gray, but none were available in the state, so I ended up with red instead (which I actually prefer, as it turns out). The gray one almost bought was at Spitzer VW outside of Cleveland, and while their online sales team are top-notch, I ultimately bought it from my local dealer because they were able to match the price and trade-in offers, plus I felt like not buying the car from a friend of mine was kind of a shitty thing to do.

The gray one at Spitzer is gone now, but they've still got this white one.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
I'd widen my search area for a Sport.

My brother in law works for a nearby dealership. Don't want to offend him.

Agreed, otherwise.

shouldn't be too far of a hike for you to D.C. area. this is where I bought mine. Just keep in mind their prices are plus destination and a murderous 600ish dealer doc fee. otherwise very easy people to work with.

https://www.lindsayvolkswagen.com/n..._results&model[]=Golf+GTI&page=1&trim[]=Sport

Damn, I can get the SE for $25500, but those are great prices. Thanks!!

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
If you're already thinking about the upgrades I would either find a Sport or get an SE. The base GTI lacks the PP/LP which is a night and day difference. Yes, you can add Wavetrac and that will perform very well. However aftermarket HIDs will not perform anywhere near as well as the OEM HIDs, the PP brakes are substantially better than the base GTI, and the PP comes with bigger sway bars.