GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Missed Connections

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Which one of you bastards was driving a lowered Carbon Steel MK7 GTI in the corporate park in Middletown RI?

I was the bastard in the other lowered Carbon Steel MK7 GTI.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I see MK7's on my commute every day and none of you SOB's will look out the window and wave.

tknj99

Ready to race!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I see MK7's on my commute every day and none of you SOB's will look out the window and wave.

Very clear that most MK7s are not enthusiast owned.

Most of the ones I encounter are driven by old people.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Very clear that most MK7s are not enthusiast owned.

Most of the ones I encounter are driven by old people.
I can spot MK7 taillights from 10 cars back. That combined with the fact that they look great is the reason I never considered Euros. I see that and I'm gonna catch up to give a wave. The LP is pretty easy to catch if you're ahead, too. Halogens are tough.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I can spot MK7 taillights from 10 cars back. That combined with the fact that they look great is the reason I never considered Euros. I see that and I'm gonna catch up to give a wave. The LP is pretty easy to catch if you're ahead, too. Halogens are tough.

Yep, but unfortunately most MK7 owners around here are not like us.

I went out of my way to catch up to one today because it was lowered (won't even bother if the car appears stock) and the dude was totally oblivious.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yeah I try to get next to modded GTIs all the time to say what's up but they never even look over. They all do the straight ahead solitude stare. But some dude in a real nice blue, lowered 392 scat pack charger will wave and give a thumbs up. Go figure.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Speaking of LP, don't know why from afar, Corolla lights look like mk7.

Not a great example as this is 2019, but anyway.

And I do the same, try to get closer when I see the distinctive taillights, but usually they're oblivious. Then again, I'm stock looking Golf, so I get it. But check out those urban joke taillights.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is this the “waver vs tough guy” thread part deux? Lol

In Boulder Im glad to say that there are actually more GTIs out here compared to the Bay Area. *And* they are younger and I see more that are modded. Nevertheless, these jackoffs still dont wave or acknowledge. And as typical, I get more attention from the gazillion Subie boys who live life a 1/4 mile at a time.

I did however, almost get side swiped from a very over enthusiastic Jetta owner who wanted to give me a thumbs up. Yohb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Swapped thumbs with a guy in a CSG this morning on 24 north in MA, you on here?

rayzer12

As an older (okay OLD) owner, is it okay for me to be excited when I see another? I don't want to look like a creepy old guy when I see one on the road.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Speaking of LP, don't know why from afar, Corolla lights look like mk7.

Not a great example as this is 2019, but anyway.

And I do the same, try to get closer when I see the distinctive taillights, but usually they're oblivious. Then again, I'm stock looking Golf, so I get it. But check out those urban joke taillights.

I had a Corolla loaner and it’s headlights were better than my LP lights. Brighter and auto lights. Did not swivel but who needed they were so bright. Car sucked but great lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
so did I for 3/4 weeks while my Taco got a new frame....I didn't think the lights were that good (not bad). I find my 2017 with the adaptive? lights amazing.

and if you get an ignore from an older dude in a blk gti with red mirror caps it's cause I can be oblivious at times.

Mud