GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs Now Available (MK7 GTI)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs are designed to improve handling while delivering a stylish visual upgrade to the vehicle. This simple, yet effective upgrade lowers the vehicle’s center of gravity, giving it an attractive new stance, while remaining fully compatible with the OEM dampers. In doing so, body roll is reduced and handling improves without sacrificing ride quality or greatly impacting the life of the OEM dampers. Each spring is manufactured using premium material and the latest high-end techniques to ensure they resist sagging, and withstand harsh track conditions for years to come.

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs' spring rates are only slightly stiffer than OEM. Using an even stiffer rate would sacrifice ride quality and could also cause the system to be underdamped which would be a detriment to performance. Both the ride height and spring rate are designed in parallel around the criteria of keeping the OEM dampers and maximizing performance while maintaining OEM like ride quality.

CLICK TO MAKE IMAGES BIGGER

(OEM) BEFORE - vs - (APR) AFTER - Drops 1/2" to 3/4"

KIT - FRONT - REAR

Product Page

Find a Dealer

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Highly considering these as I am looking to buy springs soon. What size tires are on the car in the photo? The stock wheel gap in that photo seems a lot lower than the stock wheel gap on my car. Worried .5-.75" drop won't make a large enough aesthetic difference.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Highly considering these as I am looking to buy springs soon. What size tires are on the car in the photo? The stock wheel gap in that photo seems a lot lower than the stock wheel gap on my car. Worried .5-.75" drop won't make a large enough aesthetic difference.

Either it’s the 19’s or something else funky is going on. A true .5-.75” drop is perfect imo. The “Not lowered but doesn’t need to be lowered” look...not these pics though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

235/35 19

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Arin, so these have a linear spring rate or progressive? Just looking at the design, they seem linear, correct it me if I'm wrong.

Highly considering these because I want linear springs. VWR are linear, but they drop the car a little too much, about 1.3". 1/2"-3/4" drop and linear spring rates would be excellent.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Arin, so these have a linear spring rate or progressive? Just looking at the design, they seem linear, correct it me if I'm wrong.

Highly considering these because I want linear springs. VWR are linear, but they drop the car a little too much, about 1.3". 1/2"-3/4" drop and linear spring rates would be excellent.

I believe you can normally spot progressive springs when there are a few coils close together, and the rest more widely spaced.

That being said if you look at APR's R springs, which are progressive, they don't look like the standard progressive spring.

Engineer90

Ready to race!
I believe you can normally spot progressive springs when there are a few coils close together, and the rest more widely spaced.

That being said if you look at APR's R springs, which are progressive, they don't look like the standard progressive spring.

Exactly. Usually at the top of the coil, they coils are spaced closer than the bottom ones. Linears usually have evenly spaced coils throughout the whole length. Just look at the VWR springs or any OEM springs in cars.

However, APR does say in their website:

"APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs' spring rates are only slightly stiffer than OEM. Using an even stiffer rate would sacrifice ride quality and could also cause the system to be underdamped which would be a detriment to performance. Both the ride height and spring rate are designed in parallel around the criteria of keeping the OEM dampers and maximizing performance while maintaining OEM like ride quality."

Even though they are progressive as Arin says, I can live with the above statement.

Engineer90

Ready to race!
CORRECTION:

The back springs do have closer coils at the top. The front ones don't seem like they do too much, just a little bit of closer spacing.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I await someone putting these on a stock car with oem wheels so I can make a judgement

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Not a GTI, but much more of a stock configuration in these pics. The GTI they used was too busy in the graphics department. Made it difficult to gauge the drop. The massive brake kit and wheels didn't help either.

Stock R:

APR Springs: