GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFGoodrich g-Force Comp 2 A/S vs. Continental ExtremeContact DWS06?

Engineer90

Ready to race!
I've got them for my 2015 Golf at first (the difference from original stock tire was amazing) and then moved them onto GTI (there was no way I'll kept 15" wheels in garage and traded Golf in with something I could actually still use). All the 16" of agrotunig fury. Perfect for all that I need. Stiff sidewall makes them behave in corners much better than 205R55 would imply (while providing that extra margin of error when approaching curbs or driving over bad roads). And if the contact patch is actually wider than 205 - fine with me. By the looks of the tread pattern I would not expect them to perform in the snow and I have no experience myself as I've kept my GTI off salty winter roads (ZX3 with preexisting rust condition takes care of this). BTW, the wider the tire the worse it'll be in snow (maybe with exception of true winter tires with all the sipes the wider surface allowed for). Dry roads traction is great and they are fine in wet (it could be that I was more oblivious when driving OEM tire equipped ZX3 through any weather the nature dished out). The only con is that tires are directional and can't be really rotated across 4 corners. Durability is fine - mine are at 23k+ and while not fresh off the press, they look barely broken in (I do not track my cars but don't drive it like Toyotas/Buicks either).

Thanks for your input!

What year Focus ZX3? My first car was a 2002 ZX3 actually, green 5 speed MT. Loved it! Brings back good memories.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have no experience with the updated DWS06 but I had DWS on a MINi in NYC and I loved them, on wet roads they were a dream, I was always very confident when driving on wet roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineer90

Ready to race!
All a matter of perspective. I thought 255 was sorta narrow on a Mustang when guys are routinely stuffing 315 in the rear.

That is true. Although, the Mustang is a wider muscle car and it's pretty big compared to the GTI. So yeah a 255 is narrow for it. The GTI was designed around the 225 width, so 255 is pretty wide for it. I just wish VW designed it for wider tires for better grip and handling.

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
That is true. Although, the Mustang is a wider muscle car and it's pretty big compared to the GTI. So yeah a 255 is narrow for it. The GTI was designed around the 225 width, so 255 is pretty wide for it. I just wish VW designed it for wider tires for better grip and handling.

You can always add fender flares, extreme negative camber, and negative offset. Stance nation, son.

/sarcasm

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bit of a newb question re: asymmetrical vs directional tread patterns.

Any concerns with uneven tire wear with the directional (these BFGs) tread patterns due to the inability to swap vehicle sides when “rotating”?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I can second the comment that the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2’s run wide. I just had 4 mounted, 225 wide and they are noticeably wider than my old Hankook 225’s.

I feel like I have commented on this setup before. Love it! Bronze on CSG is the way to go.

I’m surprised how well those 225 BFGs fit the 8” wheel. I have been considering putting 235s on my Austin’s, until I can afford (wider 8” or 8.5”) wheels. But see no need for 235s if I go with these BFGs.

Do you know, are the bronze Neuspeeds “winter approved”?

Last edited:

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I feel like the Conti's are more aimed towards comfort and probably a bit softer in comparison to the BFG. I went with the BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S because the summer version is used at certain racing schools due to the great feedback and grip that they provide, which is what I was going for and I'm pleased with them so far. Great grip, response and feedback for an AS. They feel great.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
They look pretty good, just checked them out on TireRack. Tread pattern seems to be rock solid.

How do they do in light snow?

The Mich's aren't good in light snow. And aren't as comfortable over bumps and especially wash board type road conditions, but then they are a bit more responsive in the dry.

The DWS 06 gives up a bit in the dry for better snow capabilities. IMO, the DWS06 is the best UHP A/S going. It has long tread life, it's quiet and comfortable, does really well in wet, does about the best in snow compared to other UHP A/S tires and I've never had an issue in wet, impressive wet.

Haven't had a chance to try the BFG's.

I've run two sets of DWS 06's on my MK5 and will run them on the MK7 when the time comes.

For me snow/ice capabilities are a must since we get a fair amount each year.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Any concerns with uneven tire wear with the directional (these BFGs) tread patterns due to the inability to swap vehicle sides when “rotating”?

I’m not concerned about it for a couple of reasons. I don’t have excessive camber, and I don’t track my car. So there will be negligible wear.

I feel like I have commented on this setup before. Love it! Bronze on CSG is the way to go.

I’m surprised how well those 225 BFGs fit the 8” wheel. I have been considering putting 235s on my Austin’s, until I can afford (wider 8” or 8.5”) wheels. But see no need for 235s if I go with these BFGs.

Do you know, are the bronze Neuspeeds “winter approved”?

Thanks man! I prefer an 8” wheel on this car over 8.5”, as I don’t see a need for 8.5”. Extra rotational mass at all times, for seldom needing a 245 or larger tire. That’s just me.

Not sure what you mean by winter approved? Do they still look good enduring winter havoc? Absolutely, give ‘em a little TLC, they always look good. [emoji482]

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I noticed with some other bronze wheels that the finish was not “winter approved”. Actually many finishes are like that, it seems. Specific to the wheel / finish. These must be fine winter wise. Doesn’t say otherwise on their site.

bluefox280

I'm in the same camp; just had Comp-2's installed and that have a much more defined tire shoulder and are wider on the OEM 18x7.5 Austins.

- Erik

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe try attaching that pic again?