GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non-PP GTI Brake Upgrade

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have the Stoptech 4-piston, 328mm (2-piece slotted rotors) up front with the completely stock rear brake setup in the rear. (Stoptech PN: 83.895.4300.XX). 17" wheels fit over this setup with ease too. Stock Austin's need a 5mm spacer.

It is a MAJOR upgrade in braking power. When you get a little heat in them, they clamp down like crazy and the entire car is very balanced. The front doesn't seem to be overpowering the rear. Stoptech prides themselves on producing the correct brake setup for your car without upsetting the balance.
This is the critical part for your braking system. DON'T cobble something together. The "look" isn't worth your life.

Personally, I have over 10 years of experience with Stoptech BBKs both on the street and track. They are fantastic. They are extremely easy to work on (changing pads takes about 5 minutes per wheel) and there are plenty of pad choices. Plus, they work.

As for cross-drilled - don't get them. If you're in it just for the looks, then just get rotors and be done with it. With the latest pad compounds, there's no need to get cross-drilled rotors anymore. We ran a full 12-hours on one set of pads on blank rotors without any issues at all (no slots or cross-drilled). Here's a pic from the race.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 2,814

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Wow. That looks very VERY interesting. I've never heard of them before, are they reputable?

Afaik, they are Cayenne brakes with ML or Volvo rotors.

Read about then on MK5 & Audi forum.

Only issue I've seen is the 18z might not fit Golfs with aluminum knuckles or maybe require some modification.