GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DP fitment MK7 R

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone. I’m just curious about what’s the best downpipe for fitment wise. Also for the money. Trying to stay under 1k if possible. I hear a lot about people having issues with certain manufacturers not fitting right. Looking for suggestions on catted Downpipes. Thank you for any help

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
There’s no real difference. I have CTS “3.5” and it’s only bigger the first foot or so then steps down to 3”. No real performance advantage either way, getting rid of the super dense stock cat right at the turbo is where you pick up the extra power

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
My AMS fit without any issues and it looks great too!

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
We use the APR Cast downpipe and AWE Tuning Resonated & Non Resonated on a frequent basis and have never had a fitment issue on a mK7 GTI or Golf R. Faro Arm Scanned QC generally helps prevent a bad unit from making its way into packaging. We also have sold a few of the 034Motorsport Downpipes and have been hearing good feedback on fitment, but we have not installed one yet.

It is personal preference at this point. But does cat location matter to you? Does throwing a Check Engine Light matter to you? All things to ask yourself.

Thanks,

Greg