GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USB cable instead of MDI

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
guys please, what can I do, when I have NO MDI, but only USB in my Composition Media. when I connect iPhone4 via USB to radio iPhone only charging, no option select in Media. thank for your response

Some are reporting that their i-products work in the USB (maybe just the ip5 and 6 and the later editions of ipods.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
The USB interface cable works for us (or it would, if my media was stored on my phone in a proprietary format that VW understood). I have, however, decided to use it just for charging. I bought a USB to micro USB cable that disconnects the data lines and allows the phone to charge at full rate.

rocco999

Hello everyone
Just asking for those of you that use usb stick with your mdi/usb cable , by any chance can your radio read/plays alac or flac files ?
Or only the same mp3?

Thanks

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
Y'all kill me with this "I've gotta see the artwork" BS

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
VW realized how dumb that MDI adapter is and swapped everything to USB. I imagine they're all hoping the 15's will make it out of bumper-to-bumper coverage and basically kiss support goodbye for that system.

GTI_Mitchell

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S w/ PP
Old thread but just to confirm: I’m looking at getting a 2015 so it has the MDI port in front of the shifter, and it comes with a VW MDI to Apple 30-pin cable. I have an iPhone 6S. If I get an OEM Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter, will I be able to play my music, charge my phone, and have control and display of album artwork, all through the car interface/steering wheel? Thanks