GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with o2 spacers and CEL free

Joel

Ready to race!
Have you only cleared codes before with the JB4?
I wonder if you need to clear the code memory with VCDS or OBDeleven.

Joel

Ready to race!
possible. ive noted i can clear them jb4 after a few tries. but my handheld innova still shows the code.
Yeah, it takes multiple trys, up to 8-10 sometimes for me to get the light off with the JB4.
I can always see it in the memory though when I plug in the OBDeleven.

I have always did a hard clear of the codes before installing a new spacer.
I have no evidence this matters, but might be worth a shot.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I use the vibrant 90 degree extender with the medium restrictor, but I stack this on top of another straight adapter as I do not have room, this weird random combo has worked, I have not had an 02 light in almost 1000 miles completely catless

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
GTi is at 5k and S3 about 600 miles, both CEL free. Sorry i haven't gotten photos yet, I'll try this weekend when changing the gearoil.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Daument

Ready to race!
After reading this and many other threads I’m still trying to decide which DP to get.
I live in southeast Pennsylvania and have to deal with yearly inspections. I currently have a 2017 R 6mt with JB1 but I’m upgrading it to JB4 this weekend. The car has 10k on it and I really don’t want to flash it just yet. Price is important but not overly so.... AWE is at the top of the list but it’s pricey. Love to hear some opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joel

Ready to race!
Seems every car is different, even with the same hardware.
All depends on if you are willing to take the risk of trying out different spacers until you find the happy medium.
The AWE is expensive, but I was ready to buy it and sell my current DP before I found the winning combo for me.

Does your yearly inspection include visual?
Do they check readiness? and must all sensors be in the ready state?