GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Golf R Discussions

Old 10-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #137
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Likewise many people here are fine to pay the premium for AWEs products.
I know... I never said you shouldn't if you want to... lol
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #138
nate704

Drives: 2017 R
If you don't mind CEL = go with the cheapest DP
If you don't want CEL = AWE or whoever guarantees no cel.

can we lock this thread please? Same argument from the same guys again and again and again.
nate704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #139
Johnpaul

Drives: VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate704 View Post
If you don't mind CEL = go with the cheapest DP
If you don't want CEL = AWE or whoever guarantees no cel.

can we lock this thread, please? Same argument from the same guys again and again and again.
Who cares if the DP guarantees no CEL or not? It's a moot point. If you don't want CEL just get a tune... Which people should be doing anyway after installing a downpipe.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #140
vj123

Drives: 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
Who cares if the DP guarantees no CEL or not? It's a moot point. If you don't want CEL just get a tune... Which people should be doing anyway after installing a downpipe.

Not everyone wants a tune with a DP.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #141
nate704

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
You will see a long list of threads regarding "which spacer to use?" or CEL free DP?
Also, you don't care about the CEL, so get any cheap DP that you like.
and if you read much,
some states require no cel to pass the inspection, and stage 2 tunes (most of them) cannot pass the inspection.
nate704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #142
Johnpaul

Drives: VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate704 View Post
You will see a long list of threads regarding "which spacer to use?" or CEL free DP?
Also, you don't care about the CEL, so get any cheap DP that you like.
and if you read much,
some states require no cel to pass the inspection, and stage 2 tunes (most of them) cannot pass the inspection.
My ED tune eliminated CEL. If your state won't pass inspection on a car with Stg 2 tune probably shouldn't be modifying the car. My car ran 14.1-14.2 in the quarter mile stock. With a DP and no tune I ran 13.9sec. I guess if people want to spend $1200 for marginal performance and possibly making their cars unable to pass inspection that's their right to do so.
Old Today, 01:34 PM   #143
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Drives: Night Blue MK7 GTI
Quote:
My ED tune eliminated CEL. If your state won't pass inspection on a car with Stg 2 tune probably shouldn't be modifying the car. My car ran 14.1-14.2 in the quarter mile stock. With a DP and no tune I ran 13.9sec. I guess if people want to spend $1200 for marginal performance and possibly making their cars unable to pass inspection that's their right to do so.
Yea, anyone in a CARB State (that adhere to California's regulations) is going to have a hard time, even with some stage 1 tunes.

While most do a non-invasive OBD2 check, all stage 2 tunes, and many stage 1 tunes (like my Uni) turn off two or three of the emissions self-checks built into the ECU. Usually they turn off the second O2 sensor, not sure about the others.

To pass CARB you have to have the second O2 check, but you can fail any other 2 of 7 (IIRC).

A stage 2 car removes that O2 sensor, so your only option is to swap the stock downpipe back on.

It might actually be the first O2 sensor, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater is online now   Reply With Quote