GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Caliber SRT-4 gave me the hit...

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Even the neons are pretty bad ass. Makes ton of power for next to nothing
The neons are better than the calibers IMO. My cousin had one that would destroy most cars on the road back then.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
The neons are better than the calibers IMO. My cousin had one that would destroy most cars on the road back then.

They're better in terms of the car being lighter and everything but the caliber could make more power but had a high center of gravity

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
SRT4, no matter what it's still a Neon.
This is what made it great. Many times did I destroy way nicer cars and the look on there face was priceless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Still a neon..... yeah but who gives a fuck. It was giving sti-evo guys fits back in 2004-2005. Dont think anyone got one so they could brag that the interior was like a Benz, or it was some high dollar exotic. It was cheap muscle. I always thoughy they were pretty cool for what they are.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Just ran a Caliber Srt4 last night. He recently dynoed his car as well @414whp I have the IS38 turbo so on paper it was a pretty even match. Just posted the thread with video.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
I really love having an unsuspecting little VW, it's a ton of fun provoking random people on the street. I get a ton of races with this silly little car.

Ran into a Caliber SRT-4 this morning. One of my friends had a pretty quick one before he cracked the block, so i'm pretty familiar with them. He was making close to 400whp stock engine and turbo, then the sleeves cracked because the blocks are open deck.

I was cruising at probably 85-90 and the guy was catching me, so i figured he'd be down for a run.

Downshifted to 4th with the cutout open and jabbed the throttle when he was passing me to get his attention.

I looked over and his GF was smiling in the passenger seat and he motioned for me to take the hit. In my experience it's extremely rare that random people give you the hit, but ask and you shall receive!

His car wasn't slow, but he definitely underestimated mine because i simply drove away from him, maybe 4 cars 80-130. It was definitely faster than the S5 i raced a few weeks ago (and i've done the intake and cutout since then).

Even if we honked it off the results would have been pretty similar.

SRT-4s have much better turbos than we do, so they can be pretty quick, but being heavier and having a manual they need to make a good amount more power.

Unless you have a built motor with aftermarket sleeves, the reliable ceiling is pretty low.

Would a stage 1.5 Gti take a stock srt4-csrt4?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
My srt4 caliber on stock turbo, IC, and O2 housing made 360/370 wheel. Fun car.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Didn't those have a mitsu TD04-20 stock or something?

Think so. I just had an apg wg, second cat delete w/ maggie straight through muffler, real tuned map clamp, intake pipe w/ open filter, and larger injectors. Car with back seat pulled all the crap was just under 3100. Put 37,000 miles on it w/ stock clutch.