GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STOCK GTI SPORT vs STOCK Focus ST

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
THE GOODS:

My car: Bone stock 2017 GTI SPORT w/ PP of course.
Focus ST: Stock - maybe exhaust? Not 100% sure but it sounds nice.

THE DETAILS:

Some Focus ST was driving around like an asshole the other day. He zoomed past me, blew off on me (exhaust gurgles), zigzagged around traffic and was driving pretty "spirited" to say the least... So we came to a stoplight. He kept revving his engine and making exhaust noises. So I decided what the heck, "let's go for it". So I asked my fiancé "Think I should waste my gas on this guy?", she replied " why not, go for it, should be fun" haha.

THE RACE:

So, off the dig, my wheels chirp pretty hard (forgot to turn ECS OFF), pretty much neck and neck from the line, then I banged 2nd and started pulling away, I banged 3rd, pulled about almost a car length in front of him. Went into 4th to keep going, but then I realized that I was approaching a car in front of me that was already down the street so I let go of the gas to slow down and downshifted. At this point, he caught up to me, so I pushed the pedal to the floor. We were bumper to bumper at this point. He couldn't pull away from me.

Pretty fun "race" to say the least.

/end story

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
"but you only have 210hp, i have 252hp i dont understand. you must be modded"

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
220* w/ PP - but yea I feel you, he prob felt/thought the same thing. lol

oh yea lol, Focus ST's make like a little bit under 220whp i believe and they are 200lbs heavier than us. this is why i always look up stock dyno vids of the car im going to buy

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Mk7s typically make 220ish whp as well. I owned a Fost before, its lil more porkier think around 3220lb. That kO3 runs out of steam fairly quickly in those cars. A tune alone will give ya bump in hp-20...but the car makes mad tq. Ford doesnt leave as much room on the table vs a gti.

Outcome sounds about right. It was a fun lil car and you can toss it around quite nicely.
Gti is the better car all around.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
oh yea lol, Focus ST's make like a little bit under 220whp i believe and they are 200lbs heavier than us. this is why i always look up stock dyno vids of the car im going to buy

Yup, published numbers are all over the place like that. Have to get it on a dyno and see the real wheel #'s

OP you need at least a stage 1 APR tune, it's night and day difference.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of getting a JB4 in the future. I don't want to fry up my clutch that fast haha :p

Might as well bite the bullet. You be matching APR’s numbers with a JB4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk