GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yamahas, Festivas, Avantis and XKEs—3 Years with my R

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Wait.. WUT??!!! $1300 to license a bike? The property tax on my $240k house last year was under $1000. For the new Versys I bought yesterday, my total DMV cost was... $150.81. And I thought THAT was high. Insurance is going to run me about $41/month for solid full coverage.

YEP then factor in the insurance on top of that (I get a pretty good rate for a sportsbike around $700 a year) so yeah I pay $2000 (CAD) a summer to ride. I make the most of it. Plus we pay our license fees yearly with a small premium if you have your motorcycle class license (you need one here to ride) so another $230-240 a year for car/bike license.

HAHAHAH....wow. less than $1000 a year in taxes for your house?

GF and I are looking for income properties (duplex or triplex for us to live in one unit and rent out other two) and we're seeing yearly propery taxes between $9000-12000 per year.

There's a reason they call Quebec the most taxed place in North America.

...Oh and our goods tax is 15% on EVERYTHING. Buy a new car? 15% tax. Buying a motorcycle? 15% tax. Buying some clothes, going out for dinner, you guessed it, 15% tax.

And you probably don't even want to know our income taxes here...once you hit the 100K bracket you're looking at 49% LOL. there are ways around giving the government ALL your money for income taxes but it's never a WIN situation.

And our roads still suck. But hey, we have POUTINE! and REAL poutine no imitation crap :p

/RANT lol

tknj99

Ready to race!
YEP then factor in the insurance on top of that (I get a pretty good rate for a sportsbike around $700 a year) so yeah I pay $2000 (CAD) a summer to ride. I make the most of it. Plus we pay our license fees yearly with a small premium if you have your motorcycle class license (you need one here to ride) so another $230-240 a year for car/bike license.

GF and I are looking for income properties (duplex or triplex for us to live in one unit and rent out other two) and we're seeing yearly propery taxes between $9000-12000 per year.

...Oh and our goods tax is 15% on EVERYTHING. Buy a new car? 15% tax. Buying a motorcycle? 15% tax. Buying some clothes, going out for dinner, you guessed it, 15% tax.

And you probably don't even want to know our income taxes here...once you hit the 100K bracket you're looking at 49% LOL. there are ways around giving the government ALL your money for income taxes but it's never a WIN situation.

And our roads still suck. But hey, we have POUTINE! and REAL poutine no imitation crap :p

/RANT lol

..and free universal healthcare right?

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
..and free universal healthcare right?

Yes, a very good point. Despite having bad service and horrible wait times, I still consider us lucky to walk out of a doctor's office or surgery with zerobills.

Another thing is our education is dirt cheap and high quality. My entire MBA at a top-tier Canadian school cost me about $7500 total. Cannot complain about that ONE bit!

As they say, grass is always greener...

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Yes, a very good point. Despite having bad service and horrible wait times, I still consider us lucky to walk out of a doctor's office or surgery with zerobills.

Another thing is our education is dirt cheap and high quality. My entire MBA at a top-tier Canadian school cost me about $7500 total. Cannot complain about that ONE bit!

As they say, grass is always greener...

Plus you have real POUTINE. . .

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Plus you have real POUTINE. . .

YUP as I mentioned in my other post :p it is freaking amazing. We have one restaurant here that does ONLY different types of poutine. La Banquise I believe it is called. Imagine that. An upscale hipster-esque restaurant based on poutine.

Things are backwards here, kind of like the upside down in Stranger Things :D

Shabba

Passed Driver's Ed

/RANT lol

Your superbike series is pretty rad too. Jordan Szoke? Quite the maestro on a motorbike.

Shabba

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait.. WUT??!!! $1300 to license a bike? The property tax on my $240k house last year was under $1000. For the new Versys I bought yesterday, my total DMV cost was... $150.81. And I thought THAT was high. Insurance is going to run me about $41/month for solid full coverage.

The only thing that cost that much on either of my bikes was the bike itself. A vanity tag here in Virginia? $10 bucks, one time. My BMW was about $100 for title, tag and 2 year stickers.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Your superbike series is pretty rad too. Jordan Szoke? Quite the maestro on a motorbike.

yeah actually I did a level 1 training trackday (HIGHLY suggestetd) and my instructor was pretty insane guy who raced professionally, I think he won a few times too...probably raced with Jordan lol. I don't follow it here as much as I should.

sorry for veering slightly off topic Mr. OP!