GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad Luck: Part 2: The Sequel

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
$50.00 an hour for paint labor? Is a monkey doing it? That's insanely low. Glad to see you're getting your car fixed...again :p

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
$50.00 an hour for paint labor? Is a monkey doing it? That's insanely low. Glad to see you're getting your car fixed...again :p

haha I actually saw that and thought the SAME thing. Thought maybe it's an American thing lol. Shit if it's quality work, for $50 an hour I'd have a couple of jobs for them!

Buguyed

Ready to race!

Yea dunno that seems low. VW Dealership body shop department.

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Update...

Supposed to be going to paint today then I’ll get it back on Monday. Final repair cost will be right at $6,200. After they tore it apart and started fixing it, they found more broken ish.

Longest minor repair ever.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Yikes! Glad at least you'll get your car back soon...hope you plan on keeping it a while, resale will definitely be hit after your bad lucks :( oh well...forces you to enjoy a great car for longer!

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Finally got my car back today after a horrid experience with Omeara Volkswagen in Colorado. Ugh, 51 days to repair!

Good takeaway though is they replaced the ACC unit with a new design that is more recessed, double mounted, and has better looking trim on it. Anyone seen these?

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Finally got my car back today after a horrid experience with Omeara Volkswagen in Colorado. Ugh, 51 days to repair!

Good takeaway though is they replaced the ACC unit with a new design that is more recessed, double mounted, and has better looking trim on it. Anyone seen these?

Jeesus 51 days? I would be so annoyed! I hope they at least provided you with a rental car - I know it isn't the same as driving and enjoying the -R every day. But at least your mileage will be a bit lower :p

seriously though, a good body shop would have had that done in a few weeks, tops...

PerfectFusion

I was rear-ended a few months after getting my '16 GTI. A week after getting it fixed, I got hit again! The people at the body shop were saying 'at least we know what parts to get'. Luckily both of their insurances took care of it, but such a PITA. I hope everything works out for you.