GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fluidamper

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
mainly to reduce the noise of upgraded clutch rattling that you will get with some of the stage 2 or 3 clutches on the market.

Golf R 375-350

My main vibration is at <2k rpm when under a power push (acceleration)
. It's a $400 accessory that I may have to try unless someone out there tried it and failed.

The idle vibration noise doe not bother be, but the engine vibration under low RPM acceleration does.

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
My dogbone insert reduced engine movement when letting out the clutch in reverse and first which was causing my downpipe to knock but the insert created annoying vibrations in my seats. I ended up changing my trans and engine mounts (034) and removed the dogbone insert to get rid of both vibrations and downpipe knocks.

I’d love to try the Fluidampr but the expense of the unit and the labor to have it installed just seems high for such an unknown mod.

Would love to see more feedback / videos for those who pioneer this. I’ve seen a really good YouTube on the before and after on a Diesel engine.

'16 MK7 R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, DP & BCS Exhaust

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I have a similar part on my mini cooper s with a stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel. It definitely helped to reduce some of the rattle/noise, but did not eliminate it.

I would really like to hear someone's experience with the fluidampr before and after.

I have one, but had it installed at the same time as my stage 3 clutch, so I really can't speak to what it's doing.

The more I've thought about it, I can't imagine how it doesn't slow down revs with all the added weight.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

jiannu

Ready to race!
I would really like to hear someone's experience with the fluidampr before and after.

I have one, but had it installed at the same time as my stage 3 clutch, so I really can't speak to what it's doing.

The more I've thought about it, I can't imagine how it doesn't slow down revs with all the added weight.
I had if installed on my S3 which is DSG.....before it had some minor shrudder at take off...this would be the dsg clutches engaging. It completely removed that and any other minor fluxes at idle.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

R8TID R

My main vibration is at <2k rpm when under a power push (acceleration)
. It's a $400 accessory that I may have to try unless someone out there tried it and failed.

The idle vibration noise doe not bother be, but the engine vibration under low RPM acceleration does.

Did you ever install the Fluidamper and did it fix your vibration problem? I have the exact same issue after installing an ECS Tuning smf and upgraded clutch disc. In gears 4-6 at roughly 2000 rpm I get a significant vibration if I load the throttle to anything close to 50% or greater. If I downshift to take the revs above 2300 rpm everything is silky smooth again. It definitely feels like a balance issue in the motor or driveshaft but I can’t find any information out there about how to address this. I’m assuming my old dual mass flywheel masked/countered this vibration extremely well, but I don’t hear anyone complaining about the smf upgrade causing the vibration I experience. I only hear about gear chatter which is to be expected.

Golf R 375-350

Did you ever install the Fluidamper and did it fix your vibration problem? I have the exact same issue after installing an ECS Tuning smf and upgraded clutch disc. In gears 4-6 at roughly 2000 rpm I get a significant vibration if I load the throttle to anything close to 50% or greater. If I downshift to take the revs above 2300 rpm everything is silky smooth again. It definitely feels like a balance issue in the motor or driveshaft but I can’t find any information out there about how to address this. I’m assuming my old dual mass flywheel masked/countered this vibration extremely well, but I don’t hear anyone complaining about the smf upgrade causing the vibration I experience. I only hear about gear chatter which is to be expected.
I took a year off... I did install the Fluidamper and it did not smooth out the <2000 rpm torque vibration. I have also since gone Stage II and the vibration is still there. So, I still have no idea how to eliminate the vibration.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
SMF clutches just REALLY hate low RPM peak torque, there's no solving that other that using a DMF setup. The Fluidampr did nothing to alleviate clutch rattle feel or noise from my SBC III, but it's insurance against crank walk I suppose.