GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Bend Stage II Daily Driver

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I have 450 miles on the SB Stage II Daily and it is near perfect so far. Barely noticeable chatter/vibration at idle in neutral.

I do notice a new engine vibration at lower RPM's (<4K) when loading the car up in gears 3 through 6. I'm hoping that a Fluidamper install will fix this annoyance.

I'll hit the 500 mile break-in on the way home tonight, so I should be able to start to really give it a test.

Planning on going with a similar set-up (except the Endurance). Any weird noises in reverse or 1-2 gears? What about weight of the clutch? Does it feel much heavier then the stock clutch?

I assume too you still have the clutch pedal spring?

Looking forward to what you find with the Fluidamper

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I would recommend going with the South Bend stage III, I have seen post of people needing to replace the clutch again on South Bend stage II... then again that is on the GTI where I think the cars make more torque and less HP

Golf R 375-350

South Bend Stage II Daily

Just an update, the torque induced vibration is at <2000 RPN and not 4K.

Clutch is still super smooth and holds perfect under full power now that I have >550 miles on it.

I also added an ECS bleed block in the slave cylinder and have found it to be a subtle but positive improvement in the overall clutch engagement-disengagement experience. Not sure it is worth the $120 investment though.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Just an update, the torque induced vibration is at <2000 RPN and not 4K.

Clutch is still super smooth and holds perfect under full power now that I have >550 miles on it.

I also added an ECS bleed block in the slave cylinder and have found it to be a subtle but positive improvement in the overall clutch engagement-disengagement experience. Not sure it is worth the $120 investment though.

I have ESC block too. If I were to do it again I'd moodily the OE one.