GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Day time running lights off?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yeah, I would prefer them off with the parking brake instead but it takes a second to turn them on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like some of the older Audi's, where the DRL on/off was a switch near the main light switch. That way of toggling makes more sense for DRL, but I guess doesn't look as clean with the newer cars.

ndenning46

Yep, you are correct, the only issue is that my GTI is not my daily driver I use a different car as daily and it doesn’t disable the light with the parking brake but it does have the option to turn them off via the MMI, sorry that I wasn’t clear about that

You can have DRL turn off with the parking brake via OBDeleven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like some of the older Audi's, where the DRL on/off was a switch near the main light switch. That way of toggling makes more sense for DRL, but I guess doesn't look as clean with the newer cars.

Yeah, everything is a Menu now, I’m just glad that I can still adjust my suspension with real switch as well as the menu

BoostnGTI20

Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
With switch position in off, put in N or P, apply handbrake. Turns off DRLs. :p
I may have to try this trick ... Main reason I want the DRLs to be able to be turned off is if I am at a drive in movie or other situation where DRLs aren't providing safety or I need/want the extra darkness then I think this is why we would want them off.
Further question along the lines of OP is has any one tried the European style light switch which has more options for lighting off (completly off) auto (DRL based on lighting conditions) on fog etc.
Have any of you used this method?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I may have to try this trick ... Main reason I want the DRLs to be able to be turned off is if I am at a drive in movie or other situation where DRLs aren't providing safety or I need/want the extra darkness then I think this is why we would want them off.
E-brake should do it.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Further question along the lines of OP is has any one tried the European style light switch which has more options for lighting off (completly off) auto (DRL based on lighting conditions) on fog etc.
Have any of you used this method?
euro-switch doesn't do full off. euroswitch is DRLs, city, on/auto with first pull being front fogs, second pull being rear fogs (with front fogs). You can also disable DRLs in headunit as well under lighting options (can't remember if you have to enable this option or not).