GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

jonny2slow4u

Passed Driver's Ed
Dam in italy vw block the order of the univoc code for order led taillight like aftermarket accessory for golf 7.5 :(

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

jonny2slow4u

Passed Driver's Ed
this is the original code for the people that have the 7,5 alogen taillight and they want to installa led....5g1052200c this is complete of cable...but they don't sell :(

Amiroquai

this is the original code for the people that have the 7,5 alogen taillight and they want to installa led....5g1052200c this is complete of cable...but they don't sell :(

I looked into that part number and saw it advertised on a VW website with a disclaimer that it is not compatible with U.S. market halogen. Not sure what the differences are or if they just don't want people retrofitting their US market Golfs with the new European LEDs.

I hope this is not the beginning of of a trend where VW makes it hard to purchase these as an aftermarket accessory and forces you to purchase directly from VW dealerships along with a compatible VIN.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I looked into that part number and saw it advertised on a VW website with a disclaimer that it is not compatible with U.S. market halogen. Not sure what the differences are or if they just don't want people retrofitting their US market Golfs with the new European LEDs.

I hope this is not the beginning of of a trend where VW makes it hard to purchase these as an aftermarket accessory and forces you to purchase directly from VW dealerships along with a compatible VIN.
That part number is for 7 LED not facelift. And its due to row and nar wiring differences not plug and play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Amiroquai

That part number is for 7 LED not facelift. And its due to row and nar wiring differences not plug and play.

https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/...1052200c-10?category=4270:904_VWZ_OZ:Category

Image shows facelift tails. When you search for the part number with D at the end (instead of C), you get hits showing the MK7 LEDs.

Could 5g1052200c be a new part number for the whole FL tail assembly, encompassing all 4 taillight components?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/...1052200c-10?category=4270:904_VWZ_OZ:Category

Image shows facelift tails. When you search for the part number with D at the end (instead of C), you get hits showing the MK7 LEDs.

Could 5g1052200c be a new part number for the whole FL tail assembly, encompassing all 4 taillight components?
Yes thats a complete set of all 4 lights with wiring harness it looks like. Install instructions are also on the page. You need a german billing address to order them thru that site at this time.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have never seen a VW part number for a complete set - it's always been 4 individual ones.
Vw sold a complete set of the 7 LED as well. Only available thru germany i believe as the part number would never bring anything up.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting... so would it be less expensive to order as a complete package then?
Nope, thru VW its $580ish usd + shipping so its more and if you dont have a german address you cant order them.