GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST Coilovers Strut Issues

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
The front struts seem to have a defective design. From at least 4 different people, the front struts no matter the model blow out/leak within 5K miles. KW/ST are repairing those broken struts, and on one occasion they took 3 months to repair and the repaired one was blown out.

I'm not sure about my own situation though, my one has 300 miles on the DAP version, and one side seems to be an issue. and after hearing multiple clunking noises and harsh sounds from the front left, then waiting a day and not hearing the same noises. Albeit, I didn't drive it on the highway this time, I don't know what to think :confused:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I think the issue is they are using struts that designed for the mk5/6 as well. There may be something different that needed to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Mine have about 4k miles on them over 12 months, no issues yet.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
The front struts seem to have a defective design. From at least 4 different people, the front struts no matter the model blow out/leak within 5K miles. KW/ST are repairing those broken struts, and on one occasion they took 3 months to repair and the repaired one was blown out.

I'm not sure about my own situation though, my one has 300 miles on the DAP version, and one side seems to be an issue. and after hearing multiple clunking noises and harsh sounds from the front left, then waiting a day and not hearing the same noises. Albeit, I didn't drive it on the highway this time, I don't know what to think :confused:

Is the ride height the same or is the problem side sagging? Do you see it leaking? I have the HPA coils (KW) and was sagging on one side and bottoming out...was a defective spring not the damper. KW customer service was really good in my experience, except having to pay the $10 to return the defective spring but whatever. Problem solved.

Good luck

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Is the ride height the same or is the problem side sagging? Do you see it leaking? I have the HPA coils (KW) and was sagging on one side and bottoming out...was a defective spring not the damper. KW customer service was really good in my experience, except having to pay the $10 to return the defective spring but whatever. Problem solved.

Good luck

no sagging. I thought it could have been the endlinks, so I changed those out, but noise is still there on the slow stuff. I tightened the strut nut, and no luck either. Sound more like a clicking sound than a thump, and it's only from one side (FL).