GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerflex front wishbone front bush camber adjustable

Anyone heard about these? Or even tried them?

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-se...hbone+Front+Bush+Camber+Adjustable/11414.html

Not that big adjustment, but might be enough for some.
Excellent find! I'm absolutely certain these offset bushes will sell. :)
We craved for something like that!
If the claimed .5° gain proves true fitting both CSS swivels and the offset
bushings would suffcient for very most track duties whithout any need for
noisy camber plates.

Hmm, interesting... my wheels are slightly rubbing right now when hitting a bump. I guess -0.5 degrees of camber might reduce this.
Not to disappoint you, but it won't help. ;)
These bushes are pushing the wheels outwards. You want either CSS swivels
or even better camber plates, that are pushing the top of the wheel inwards.
Or just higher offset wheels.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
great find indeed. I also saw an anti-lift kit on whiteline's au site recently. Uses a metal bushing at the tie rod and poly elsewhere. Only does caster though. Summit racing has it, <$150

I recently bought these from Vorshlag, will post a review once installed. They claim 2-2.5° camber and up to 1° caster.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I would be cautious of this powerflex offering. Not shown on the US site for mk7, yet is widely shown there and elsewhere for mk6.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
haven't tried it but I had a few conversations with their reps to confirm that it does fit. They recommend pairing with a high durometer offset rear bushing. I'm wondered if pairing with a superpro offset rear would do as well.

maybe someone w mk6 has tried it?

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
haven't tried it but I had a few conversations with their reps to confirm that it does fit. They recommend pairing with a high durometer offset rear bushing. I'm wondered if pairing with a superpro offset rear would do as well.

maybe someone w mk6 has tried it?

Did they recommend their own race bushings? They are offset but maybe too beefy for daily use.

The powerflex camber adjustment bushings come in both street and race flavors. I'm guessing the street flavor (80A) would match up better to SuperPro than their race flavor (95A).

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
my recall is they recommended a part number that mapped to a black bushing, which I believe is race.

I would think an offset for the rear bushing is appropriate to match up with the front offset.

I'm at -2 camber now with plates but prevented from going more due to stock spring rub. Eventually I'll reach for more, either this way or with coilover springs.

edit: powerflex has been around awhile. They get plenty of review on e90post.com.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Cool thanks for the info. I am wary of race style bearing as my car is a daily, but pairing with the superpro offset may be the ticket. I don't know enough about the geometry though. Last thing I want is a Frankenstein suspension that is out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
This looks cool and money saving...
But is it for the mk7 MQB platform?
It's not showing the same LCA...

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
This looks cool and money saving...
But is it for the mk7 MQB platform?
It's not showing the same LCA...
that was my concern as well. I pressed powerflex uk on this, they referred me to the US group, who first told me by phone that they were compatible w/mk7. But when the US site added several parts, this one was omitted.....so I emailed and was assured by email that they work and then they finally added to the site (see text below). But yeah the pics show on a mk6 arm.

For both oe and superpro, the mk6-mk7 part numbers are different which added to my initial concern...however strongflex has same part numbers for mk6-mk7.

Again still mulling about taking the plunge given I'm happy with my vorshlag plates in spite of the stock spring limitations.

_____f

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for bringing this error to our attention. PFF85-501G will absolutely work for the MK7 and I will make sure the listing is fixed to show this. Additionally the correct bushing for the rear position is PFF85-802; please see the link below.*

http://powerflexusa.com/volkswagengolfmk7frontcontrolarmrearbushings.aspx

If for some reason the part doesn't fit your car, we would offer you a full refund. Please let me know if you have any questions.*

Thank you,*

Lynn Campbell

Brand Manager