GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

15mm rear spacers. Can i go 20???

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
GTIans; I installed eibach prokit and 10mm front / 15mm back spacers. The wheels are just about flush. I am thinking of going a bit wider on the rear. 20 instead of 15mm. Any reasons why to do or not to do?
Let me know what u think.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks flush enough to me.

But would help to know the wheel specs.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
http://willtheyfit.com

You're already 13.7mm more poke on all 4 corners than a stock GTI with the Austin wheels (18x7.5 ET49).

Considering that the "flush kit" spacers are 15mm front and 20mm rear, you're pretty much at that point on the front already, without any spacers. Personally, I wouldn't go more poke than the levels of these flush kit spacers. In other words, with your setup, I'd leave the front and add 5mm spacers to the rear.

I can't comment on ill effects of going wider, rubbing etc. You'd have to detail the tire specs, if you've lowered the car etc

But I can tell you that you're certainly going fo fling more road debris up the sides and the back of your car, the wider you go.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
http://willtheyfit.com

You're already 13.7mm more poke on all 4 corners than a stock GTI with the Austin wheels (18x7.5 ET49).

Considering that the "flush kit" spacers are 15mm front and 20mm rear, you're pretty much at that point on the front already, without any spacers. Personally, I wouldn't go more poke than the levels of these flush kit spacers. In other words, with your setup, I'd leave the front and add 5mm spacers to the rear.

I can't comment on ill effects of going wider, rubbing etc. You'd have to detail the tire specs, if you've lowered the car etc

But I can tell you that you're certainly going fo fling more road debris up the sides and the back of your car, the wider you go.
Thanks a lot for ur reply. I went 4 mm extra just today. Will post a photo soon. So far no impact. I'm het to experience the debris flinging you mentioned. Makes sense that it would happen.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks a lot for ur reply. I went 4 mm extra just today. Will post a photo soon. So far no impact. I'm het to experience the debris flinging you mentioned. Makes sense that it would happen.

Maybe a non-issue since you're in UAE. I'm in Raincouver.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
after pics

couple of after pics.

Attachments

• 2017-06-28 10.23.21.jpg
    2017-06-28 10.23.21.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 584
  • 2017-06-28 10.22.24.jpg
    2017-06-28 10.22.24.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 651