GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bentley Mulliner set up 20' x 9

buddyg

Hi guys

I could have a set of Bentley Mulliner wheels
the set up is 20' x 9 ET 41 all around
Do anyone can tell me ? If it fits ? And what size tire will you consider without rubbing ? With HR spring and OEM damper

Thank you for the help ;)

ForrestGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys

I could have a set of Bentley Mulliner wheels
the set up is 20' x 9 ET 41 all around
Do anyone can tell me ? If it fits ? And what size tire will you consider without rubbing ? With HR spring and OEM damper

Thank you for the help ;)

That wheel fits you just have to find the right tire. It looks like you need around 245/30r20.

The other setup is confirmed fitment from Maddog.

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
That wheel fits you just have to find the right tire. It looks like you need around 245/30r20.

The other setup is confirmed fitment from Maddog.

This is a great comparison, but take into account *I think* Maddog is running coilovers for a greater drop (read: additional static camber front/rear) and possibly camber plates up front to allow adjustment. Camber definitely plays a big part in making some fitments perfect, or sometimes work AT ALL without rubbing.

buddyg

Thank you guy for the quick reply
I was thinking to fit 235/35/20 all around
Does any one have tried this fittement ?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thank you guy for the quick reply
I was thinking to fit 235/35/20 all around
Does any one have tried this fittement ?

225/30 would be closest to stock sizing. The 35 series will be taller and the 235 width might give you fender clearance problems.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
225/30 would be closest to stock sizing. The 35 series will be taller and the 235 width might give you fender clearance problems.

I think you're right that 225/30-20 would be the closest to OEM diameter, but nobody makes that size from what I can tell. 225/35-20 is 26.2" diameter, where a 235/35-19 like a stock 19" R wheel uses is 25.5". That's as good as you're going to get, and would just need the same considerations for lowering, camber settings, fender screw/rolled fenders as a 19x9 with 235 width tires.

Edit: When I say no one makes a 225/30-20, I mean that no brand I would ever buy or recommend does. Nothing on TireRack, nothing from Nitto or Hankook. Only off brand Chinese made tires I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them.

Last edited: