GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all REVO tuned MK7 R's

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
I recently tuned my 16 R with the REVO software. It's a nice bump over stock and very linear, no hiccups along the way. I only have an intake, exhaust, and DV+, so nothing crazy, thus I went with Stage 1. I'm not planning a downpipe so no stage 2 in the future, but I am contemplating an upgraded intercooler.

I came from the Jb1 with a DTUK pedal box so I do miss the responsiveness of the throttle as I notice there is still a tad more lag from the line than I would have thought with a tune, but it's still better than OEM and like I said, solid and linear.

In any case, I'm just curious who else has gone with Revo, and what are your thoughts on it? (along with your upgrades etc).

Ag_silverr-

Im running stage 2 revo. Mods are revo catless downpipe, and afe stage 2 dry intake, resonator delete. The rest of the mods i have are just for fun.(p3 with apr boost tap, full forge front to back and side to side short shifter, all solid bushings and shifter bracket, exhaust flaps vag com open, on air ride)

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I'd highly recommend an intercooler even at stage 1 levels.

nal

Ready to race!
if u are on stage 1 with an upgraded bigger intercooler it will induce more lag.If u intend to stay at stage 1 suggest you keep thee stock intercooler and maintain your mods as is.an upgraded intercooler is only useful if u intend to do stage 2

tark

I'm Revo Stage 2 at the moment. I came from a JB4 with meth and am very happy with the results, especially with respect to the throttle control. I still have my JB4 installed as a methanol controller.

As far as mods, I have the following:

Short Shifter Diesel Geek
Clutch Delay Valve Removal ECS
Turbo Inlet CTS
Intercooler Integrated Engineering
Cold Air Intake Integrated Engineering
JB4 (w/ bluetooth connect) Burger Motorsports
Catch Can CTS
Twin Disc Clutch Spec
Fully Adjustable Track Spring Kit MSS
Dogbone Insert 034 Tuning
Downpipe Nuespeed
Water Methanol Kit Burger Motorsports
RS7 Spark Plugs Audi
ST-60 BBK Stoptech

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
if u are on stage 1 with an upgraded bigger intercooler it will induce more lag.If u intend to stay at stage 1 suggest you keep thee stock intercooler and maintain your mods as is.an upgraded intercooler is only useful if u intend to do stage 2

It will not induce more lag. The aftermarket IC's have less pressure drop than stock IC's. There will actually be less lag with an upgraded IC.

On top of that, the stock IC is basically maxed out at stock power levels, let alone with a tune. IC's upgrades are useful when stock or tuned to any level.

Check this thread for more info on the IC upgrades:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16070&page=27

Please don't spread misinformation.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
It will not induce more lag. The aftermarket IC's have less pressure drop than stock IC's. There will actually be less lag with an upgraded IC.

On top of that, the stock IC is basically maxed out at stock power levels, let alone with a tune. IC's upgrades are useful when stock or tuned to any level.

Check this thread for more info on the IC upgrades:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16070&page=27

Please don't spread misinformation.

What he said...[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
I upgraded to a CTS IC which is bigger than APR and nearly 2x the size of stock and noticed no increase in lag.