GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD - stick with 18s or change to 19s?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Currently running 18" Nogaros painted in Gunmetal but seriously considering getting bigger wheels. I really like the three below but can't decide a) if it's worth it, and b) if it is what to go for.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• WP_20160321_14_18_49_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160321_14_18_49_Pro Small.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 9,378
  • 2Forge ZF3.jpg
    2Forge ZF3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • BBS CI-R.jpg
    BBS CI-R.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,266
  • OZ Superturismo.jpg
    OZ Superturismo.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,363

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Love your car man, that combo looks perfect the way it is, but if you need some input I would go for the first wheel on you pics.
Now, please remind me , did you paint your side skirts? Or is it a GTD thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had 19" before. Never again.

That said BBS CI-R are stunning, but BBS SR 8x18 are just a third of the price.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Cheers mate and thanks to everyone else for your input.

I'm starting to reconsider now and looking at it practically think I might just stick with what I've got, maybe get them repainted in a different shade of grey to freshen them up.

The roads in the UK are generally terrible anyway and the ride is already a bit harsh so 19s will probably be too much.

Side skirts have been painted to match the bodywork, they're matt black as standard on the GTD (same as the GTI I think?)

Love your car man, that combo looks perfect the way it is, but if you need some input I would go for the first wheel on you pics.
Now, please remind me , did you paint your side skirts? Or is it a GTD thing?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Where they that bad? I expected them to be worse but are they that much worse than 18s?

Anyway think you've helped me decide and save a couple of grand in the process!

Had 19" before. Never again.

That said BBS CI-R are stunning, but BBS SR 8x18 are just a third of the price.

Too crashy on bad pavements. Don't get me wrong, I loved the way it looked,
but I've been under the impression the car was aging quicker with the 19s.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Go Reds! I would think you'd have to be a fan with that color? Car looks awesome. I like your current setup. If I had to choose, I like wheel #1. I actually went down to 17's because of the horrible roads here. Ride is much better now. I damaged a tire and was lucky not to damage the rim when on 18's.

Cheers

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
If you want to try a change and have bad roads try 17's!!! They will be lighter and cheaper and the additional sidewall will really help absorb impacts from potholes and protect your rims.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Go Reds! I would think you'd have to be a fan with that color? Car looks awesome. I like your current setup. If I had to choose, I like wheel #1. I actually went down to 17's because of the horrible roads here. Ride is much better now. I damaged a tire and was lucky not to damage the rim when on 18's.

Cheers

Of course mate :). Are you a fan?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Of course mate :). Are you a fan?

Yes sir! I had to check with you to be sure, because, well you know that other team there nearby haha! We may be far away, but the wife and I watch every match:) Really looking forward to seeing Mane and Salah on the pitch together with Coutinho and company. Klopp really has the club humming these days! I grew up playing the game here in the US and still love it. I play twice per week on an adult league and also help to coach my Son's club team.

Cheers, good luck with the wheel choices. Looks like you have great taste in cars, wheels and football!

DjVoic3

Passed Driver's Ed
Had 18s before and went down to 17's. Cheaper, better ride quality for the roads I drive on and Lighter rims (16lbs). Would definitely never go 19s. My current setup weighs less than my stock 15's.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Cheers mate and thanks to everyone else for your input.

I'm starting to reconsider now and looking at it practically think I might just stick with what I've got, maybe get them repainted in a different shade of grey to freshen them up.

The roads in the UK are generally terrible anyway and the ride is already a bit harsh so 19s will probably be too much.

Side skirts have been painted to match the bodywork, they're matt black as standard on the GTD (same as the GTI I think?)

Cool, thanks I really love the way it looks , painting the side skirts will be on my list now , yeah the GTI comes with them black as well. Cheers