GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I knew someone would say this. The Audi A4 also blinks the brake light with the dynamic turn strip.
To add to this side discussion, doesn't the euro version of the A4 use amber dynamic turn signals? They could've just kept them in the US version, but the US A4 has red dynamic turn signals.

That I think is an example of why people note the amber signals not meeting the DOT requirement. (I'm not an expert on the subject, so I'm not at all claiming to know more than anyone here.)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
To add to this side discussion, doesn't the euro version of the A4 use amber dynamic turn signals? They could've just kept them in the US version, but the US A4 has red dynamic turn signals.

That I think is an example of why people note the amber signals not meeting the DOT requirement. (I'm not an expert on the subject, so I'm not at all claiming to know more than anyone here.)

That could very well be the case. But regardless, no one should hold their breath on the mk7.5 tail lights making a stateside appearance, except the ones that were on the Euro spec golf r at the ny auto show. Key phrase, Euro spec. The GTI on display there was US spec.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
That could very well be the case. But regardless, no one should hold their breath on the mk7.5 tail lights making a stateside appearance, except the ones that were on the Euro spec golf r at the ny auto show. Key phrase, Euro spec. The GTI on display there was US spec.
Yeah definitely not expecting euro version tails to make it here.

I'm personally waiting on companies to get adequate supply and hopefully see more of a be-all end-all install guide (like the old 7 LED tails) before I order anything. Til then, I'm just enjoying the progress others have had with their 7.5 tails here.

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
Yeah definitely not expecting euro version tails to make it here.

I'm personally waiting on companies to get adequate supply and hopefully see more of a be-all end-all install guide (like the old 7 LED tails) before I order anything. Til then, I'm just enjoying the progress others have had with their 7.5 tails here.

Tails been sitting in my garage for the last month. Harness from Jeremy just got delivered per tracking. I should have this installed by this weekend so I'll try to do a DIY.

Jondar

Ready to race!
Tails been sitting in my garage for the last month. Harness from Jeremy just got delivered per tracking. I should have this installed by this weekend so I'll try to do a DIY.

I received my harness as well, still waiting on those tails! Pretty pumped to see the outcome.

Last edited:

Jersh1

Without definite proof, its all speculation. If price is your determining factor in whether you haven't bought them, I would consider that the OEM 7.0 Euro LEDS haven't gone down by much since its release. I don't see the price for 7.5 light assembly going down anytime soon as well. What you will see is more than one harness being released into market, which at that time the price for the harness will become more competitive. All in all, you may save money later, it's a matter of how badly you want them. This was basically my line of reasoning for buying them. Hope this helps.

This helps a lot actually. I'm not too worried about the price... of course it would be awesome if it was all cheaper but this is OEM stuff that's guaranteed to work and look great so you get what you pay for. I was mainly worried about availability and ease of getting them. Once the DIY's get posted that'll speed up my decision for sure.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I knew someone would say this. The Audi A4 also blinks the brake light with the dynamic turn strip.

That's correct, on my A4 with dynamic signals you have the strip plus an extra square that lights up, eventually I'll delete the extra square that helps Audi meet Feds regulations with vcds and leave just the thin dynamic strip so that it looks cooler but I'm lazy so :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBale

Ready to race!
For everyone that ordered from E-acca. I just received an update saying they are only waiting for the Drivers side inner light (5G0945307P) now. Maybe those that went without the rear fog will have theirs shipped soon??

Amiroquai

For everyone that ordered from E-acca. I just received an update saying they are only waiting for the Drivers side inner light (5G0945307P) now. Maybe those that went without the rear fog will have theirs shipped soon??

Sure hope so. Your harness is arriving tomorrow:D

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
so i was reading through the post here, currently have a 2016 R, what do i need to order to get these to work, i was kind of all over the place when reading through the comments,

if someone could list the part numbers and such that would be awesome for lights and where to get the harness

JBale

Ready to race!
so i was reading through the post here, currently have a 2016 R, what do i need to order to get these to work, i was kind of all over the place when reading through the comments,

if someone could list the part numbers and such that would be awesome for lights and where to get the harness

These are the part number for a set that includes a rear fog. Order from e-acca.com or cars245.com. cars245.com has had better delivery times so far.

5G0945207G
5G0945208G
5G0945308P
5G0945307P

I can supply a harness but it will be a 3 weeks or so before it would be ready to ship.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
These are the part number for a set that includes a rear fog. Order from e-acca.com or cars245.com. cars245.com has had better delivery times so far.

5G0945207G
5G0945208G
5G0945308P
5G0945307P

I can supply a harness but it will be a 3 weeks or so before it would be ready to ship.

ah okay awesome, now this harness is this like the other people are selling in europe ? and Also i think i read that you need a mk7 LED harness like DAP or BEC as well ? or would i be good with the lights and your harness and some coding?

JBale

Ready to race!
ah okay awesome, now this harness is this like the other people are selling in europe ? and Also i think i read that you need a mk7 LED harness like DAP or BEC as well ? or would i be good with the lights and your harness and some coding?

It achieves the same end result as the other FL harnesses on the market. You would need only the lights, this harness and to change some coding.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

For the love of christ you couldn't even make it past page 4 apparently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk