GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raced a BMW 5 series and...

stdong

Passed Driver's Ed
Tonight I probably had the most fun I have ever had in my car. I was cruising down PCH on the rare occasion with my mom in the passenger seat and this dude in a nice beamer (i'm pretty positive it was a 5 series) was driving kind of fast through traffic. We coincidentally lined up at the next stoplight together and I rolled my windows down and turned off the ac (for maximum power lol). My mom was like wtf are you doing. I looked over and made eye contact with the guy, he was probably in his late thirties. I got "the look" from him like he wanted to race. When the light turned green I gassed it and used the paddle shifters to upshift to get into the high rpms because i wasn't in sport mode. He pulled me a bit through 1st as I had to feather the throttle in order to avoid excessive wheelspin. Once i got into second the wheelspin was still atrocious (Im running michelin pss too) and the gap remained about half a car legth. Once i go into third it was a different ballgame. I closed the gap immediately and began to pull. Once I got into fourth I had pulled him by almost a full car legth, and he let off like a wuss because he knew he was beat. By that time we had already doubled the speed limit (maybe more i dont really care hahah). Afterwards he drove really slow and didn't come near me lol. Anyways this was so much fun to embarrass the sh*t out of this guy because i am sure beforehand he would've bet his life that he would walk me. Priceless.

Scared the living sh*t out of my mom too but it was worth it. Oh and the guy was alone in the car to add insult to injury. :D

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The part about getting "the look" LOL!

and the fact that your Mom was in the car I found hilarious.

Great story bro!

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
If I was your mom I would have spanked you for not using launch control [emoji12]. J/k nice kill bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's awesome ha

That's the kinda hurting feelings I love the most, woulda been 10x better if the M5 owner had his chick with him. always fun haha

stdong

Passed Driver's Ed
Hahah thx for the praise guys. Ya I know for a fact it wasn't an M5. I'm not super familiar with beamers but it looked like a newer five series to me and it was fast because it hung with me until 3rd gear lol. I wish i had my mom record it :/ I took the spare tire and jack out yesterday and did a short pull today and the car feels a tad faster now. I was shocked how heavy the spare tire was!