GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI 6MT VS EVO X

ChapaMK7

i own a 2016 GTI S 6MT and my friend has an Evo X GSR, he just recently upgraded his intercooler, downpipe, injectors, pump and is on E85 according to him, I'm just waiting to get married to see how much money i have left over from the wedding to pull the trigger on APR Stage 2 + downpipe, i already have APR's intake, he said he wants to race me so he can smoke me and blah blah blah.... so my question to all of you guys is, do i stand a chance? or i would need more to beat him?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Here is the updated 2017 list of Evo X times on the stock turbo:

1. 10.962 @ 123.10 05orangeSS
2. 11.090 @ 122.92 Scrape Frame
3. 11.705 @ 114.15 Fiji_Boss
4. 11.758 @ 116.31 SirEvoX
4. 11.81 @ 112.33 AWD Motorsports
5. 11.867 @ 114.01 Gorrilla X E-Spec
6. 11.89 @ 114 XtremeBoost
7. 11.939 @ 113.40 VegetaX
8. 12.176 @ 111.63 Evox2NR SlowPoke racing tuned
9. 12.259 @ 112.11 Evo_X rich E-Spec tuned
10. 12.281 @ 111.85 evox2886 E-Spec tuned

Dunno what the top 2 there are running, but either way it looks like you will be in tough from a roll, and will probably get dummied from a dig.

To be fair, E85 makes a massive difference. You would be able to trap 114-115mph, if not more with a similar E85 tune on the stock IS20.

Your best bet is to go IS38 if you are looking for that kind of power. You would be able to trap 117-120mph on an IS38.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Seems like he knows he'll walk on you, also seems like the type of guy who won't race anything if he knows he won't win.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Just want to add one other small thing.

If you are not seasoned/lift the throttle on shifts, you will be a lot slower.
No lift, or at least very quick shifting is good for 2-3mph in trap speed on manuals. That is a big difference.

ChapaMK7

It's funny because he used to have a 98 Prelude and he kept bugging me to race him, so we did couple runs and y'all know what was the outcome, so 3 months later, he went and got himself the Evo, ended up paying almost what I paid for my new GTI, he already went through 2 clutches, messed up some pulleys plus all the money he is investing just so he can't beat me I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up blowing his engine up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Awww the Evo. Ive had boner for those cars since the 2003. Prefer 8/9 vs the 4b11 X but yep russian is right it's probably game over even on stage 2 Apr if his e85 tune is worth half a shit....pump gas vs pump gas be a different story.
Apr has a 100oct flash iirc. Remove jack/tire, maybe backseat and run that setup lol. Be lot closer id imagine. Is38 is the obvious amswer for a victory.

ChapaMK7

Awww the Evo. Ive had boner for those cars since the 2003. Prefer 8/9 vs the 4b11 X but yep russian is right it's probably game over even on stage 2 Apr if his e85 tune is worth half a shit....pump gas vs pump gas be a different story.

Apr has a 100oct flash iirc. Remove jack/tire, maybe backseat and run that setup lol. Be lot closer id imagine. Is38 is the obvious amswer for a victory.

I should have done all this before thinking of getting married right!? Lol oh well I guess I'll have to wait a little longer so I can afford the Is38

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I should have done all this before thinking of getting married right!? Lol oh well I guess I'll have to wait a little longer so I can afford the Is38

The key is a wife that supports your car addiction. ;)

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
So not exactly the same matchup but this is me VS a tuned by English Racing every bolt on immaginable Evo X making 364awhp when I was still stock turbo so other than you being APR and me being GIAC and you being 6MT and me being DSG this is some sort of an idea what to expect. Not sure what your buddy is running for a tune but English is regarded as the best of the best for EVO's. Now that I am IS38 this guy is not worth my fuel.

ChapaMK7

So not exactly the same matchup but this is me VS a tuned by English Racing every bolt on immaginable Evo X making 364awhp when I was still stock turbo so other than you being APR and me being GIAC and you being 6MT and me being DSG this is some sort of an idea what to expect. Not sure what your buddy is running for a tune but English is regarded as the best of the best for EVO's. Now that I am IS38 this guy is not worth my fuel.

Damn that's impressive! So why exactly do you have if you don't mine sharing

ChapaMK7

Does he have cams? If not, you might edge him out if you're stage 2.

No, no cams, this is the picture he sent me when he tune his car