Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
my shopping cart is at $2100.00 ?????

Stage 2 daily clutch
Eurodyne flash (will use stage 2)
034 dogbone
Liquid Molly oil change kit

I am contemplating a boost gauge as well.

I need to factor in another $600 plus for the clutch labor...

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
I decided to wait on the clutch until it goes.

Ordered:
-Eurodyne flash tool (will go stage 2 91 oct)
-034 dogbone
-oil change kit
-ECS boost gauge kit
-and some cheap accessories to help with the oil change and gauge install.

????

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
loaded Eurodyne stage 2 91 High Torque yesterday. Most nerve wrecking 40 minutes while it flashed. All I can say is Jesus Fin Christ. It really felt like a jet before take off.... it was so much that I switched it to 91 Oct 8.2V stage 2 today. I only switched it cause I can imagine what it's doing to my clutch. I think I was slipping badly or maybe I just don't understand it yet. when I gave moderate to heavy gas the car pulled so hard I saw the needle jump up about 500 rpms from where it was and go back down like it was finally "catching" (torque surge?) and then it took off like a bat out of hell.

I will go back to the high torque file when I upgrade my clutch. I am still very pleased with stage two 8.2V. I drove on a highflow downpipe prior too it with NPM so most of the power was already there and I was used to that. this feels more clean and constant across the power band and maybe like I have 2 NPM (best I can describe). No slips on this file or better yet what felt like slipping.

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
LOVING stg 2 91 Oct. 034 dog bone in and it's great no extreme NVH. boost gauge in works n looks great but a little noisy and glares up in the sun and looks smudged in the inside of the lens.

fresh wash:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
yea it was. I did learn that it takes time for the car to adapt to the tune. No slipping on 93 oct stage 2 however when first flashed it did a little. I am about to pull the trigger on the rsr or sachs clutch kit stock fly wheel. HT was def more fun but both a great. Neck snaps back in every gear! loving it. Peaking boost at 27 psi in my area based on temp. Gas mileage has improved if I drive normal. Wouldn't go back, best move I made tuning.

Just added Deautokey to the back licenses plate illumination. plugs were supper snug and hard to seat all the way (seated them with pliers, lightly till click!). they sit a little loose in the housing (I got full housing replacement). but.... they look great!

Last things I have to do really are clutch and brakes n rotors. waiting on brakes till I use the stock out as much as possible. hard to wait..... might just get it done..

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
44500km

Had to change the clutch was slipping bad. Went south bend daily stage 3. installed today by vw for about 600 bucks. Clutch pedal was extremely stiff, almost thought I couldn't get it out the dealer parking lot! Definitely new noises on idle and low revs. Clutch is getting lighter with every shift or my leg is getting stronger lol. I am starting to enjoy the heavy feel though. Engagement seems like stock but deceptive because of the heavy pedal. Noise isn't that bad. 20 miles in now but will update when it's broken in. The noises seem to be going down as i break it in or I am getting just getting used to it. Idle chatter is tolerable not bad at all but noticeable in the cabin verse outside. honestly I can barely hear it outside. The most extreme noise I think is low revs in the lower gears.

Don't let reviews about the noise turn you away. It really isn't that bad but it is there and like everything else in life you get used to it and naturally tune it out. the perks of putting power down and no more slippage makes it all good n great.

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
about 60 miles in. Clutch stiffness is reducing and actually feels good. shifts are smooth. most people's questions are chatter. I think this video is spot on with what you can expect sound wise with this clutch, though I think it might be a little less on idle:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyFgTg57j0Y

Last edited: