GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger body kit

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
Not to alter or "jack" your thread but I was also looking at this body kit but was looking at everything but the front spoiler and splitter. I was unsure if the rear bumper with the side skirts would line up (or look ok) with the stock front bumper, if that makes sense. Any thoughts?

bdot

Passed Driver's Ed
Took a chance with these $50 rep spoilers but they look and fit great especially after a paintjob..

I'd also like more info where you got it for $50!

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
It's very strange. Ecs tuning offer mk7 oettinger roof spoiler OE80434400 for $601

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-oettinger-parts/oettinger-roof-spoiler/oe80434400~otg/
and at the same time P/N 5G0 071 644 B GRU which is vw part number for the same oettinger roof spoiler for $455

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/spoiler/5g0071644bgru/

Oettinger body kit can be bought at vw dealership in Europe and each component has vw part number.

http://www.volkswagen-me.com/en-vwm...ries/oettinger-body-kits/golf-r-body-kit.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Check out www.bakperformance.com that's where I got mine from I was super happy with fitment. It's as oem as you can get. Yes it's expensive but it's the only stuff that is actually wind tunnel tested and functional.

I did the front and rear spoiler and splitter and was super happy with the way it all fit and turned our. FYI the material Oettinger uses vs the knock offs aren't even close. There is a reason you pay more for their parts for sure. Some of the knock offs fit great and some not so great. All Oettinger stuff will fit like oem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Gorgeous car.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, what type of wheels are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racingline R360 diamond cut.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
For the roof spoiler and 3m tape for everything else. This is what I did.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
how's the spoiler holding on with 3m tape?
I used 3m tape for the front spoiler and the side skirts. I've had the front spoiler on for a good six months now and zero issues. The side skirts I just put on last week but seems to be just fine so far. The roof spoiler I was most concerned with as it doesn't clip to anything so that's the one I used the windshield adhesive on.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
My recent install of the side skirts. They fit great.

notavr1

Ready to race!
I used 3m tape for the front spoiler and the side skirts. I've had the front spoiler on for a good six months now and zero issues. The side skirts I just put on last week but seems to be just fine so far. The roof spoiler I was most concerned with as it doesn't clip to anything so that's the one I used the windshield adhesive on.

thanks for the info, i just got my roof spoiler and was concerned with using 3m tape to hold it on.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the info, i just got my roof spoiler and was concerned with using 3m tape to hold it on.
Yeah I didn't use any tape for that just windshield adhesive. I mocked it all up and placed blue painters tape outlining where the spoiler was going to sit so basically it became a diagram for mounting the piece. Once in place i used painters tape to secure it and used about 50lbs of weight to hold it in place. I put towels on it and the weights gently on top. I left it for 24 hours and it's solid as a rock.