GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indiana Dubber Thread

Dryer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, picked up my 16 GTI (S, Manual) in White about two weeks ago. Already added a short shifter and shifter bushings and put some led bulbs in the tails and reverse lights. Looking to pick up a JB1 in a while. Any of you guys have a JB1 cable or and OBDeleven set up? I would gladly donate beers to someone with the latter that would be willing to help me with some tweaks.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Any fellow Indy members that can recommend a good local muffler shop that could give a little more growl to the car?

Not a muffler shop but definitely recommend EP Werks for any performance modification work you may need. I've been going to them since 2011.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Top of the morning. Last week I completed upgrading my MK7 with APR’s Stage 1 tune and installed a dogbone insert. Overall plans is to modify my MK7 so it can outperform my son’s FBO MK6 KO4, and my E85 tuned aftercooled SC RSX-S. Should be a fun project.

https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

Last edited:

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Last week my son and I did some runs against each other. Hes got a MK6 with a KO4 turbo with all of APR’s supporting mods. Outcome was closer than I thought but the MK6 had a stronger top end.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Doing well laying by the pool counting the change in coin jar to see how much more I need to save for a downpipe.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Hey all. Picked up a '15 GTI last week and loving it!

I live in Noblesville, somewhat across from the Klipsch music center. Looking forward to meeting up with some folks.

Any of you guys go to the Indy cars and coffee regularly?

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Hey Drewsro. Not much going on here. After 10K miles still exploring my MK7 limitations. I'm enjoying APR stage 1 but I can easily tell that I need stickier tires to transfer the power to the tarmac.

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Drewsro. Not much going on here. After 10K miles still exploring my MK7 limitations. I'm enjoying APR stage 1 but I can easily tell that I need stickier tires to transfer the power to the tarmac.

The thought of going Stage 1 interests me but 1) I would void my warranty and 2) I would need a new clutch to go along with it.

Where did you get yours done at? Team VW?

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Both my son and I purchased our GTIs from Team VW. Yes they can do the the tune plus other installations of APR mods. My son had some of his mods installed by them on his MK6. No complaints. The service manager has changed hands in the last 8 months and I’m not up to date on what the shop atmosphere is like now. I had my APR tune installed by GRD Tune located on the westside of Chicago. They are an authorized APR dealer and have most of the mod parts in stock (Team VW gets a lot of their parts from them). When APR has their next sale I plan to purchase parts from GRD Tune, install them myself, but let them install the tunes. Not to worry about voiding the warranty. On the most part the GTI internal engine parts are pretty stout. Also based on my son’s experience and many other owners, they have been free of issues using APR mods.

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
Both my son and I purchased our GTIs from Team VW. Yes they can do the the tune plus other installations of APR mods. My son had some of his mods installed by them on his MK6. No complaints. The service manager has changed hands in the last 8 months and I’m not up to date on what the shop atmosphere is like now. I had my APR tune installed by GRD Tune located on the westside of Chicago. They are an authorized APR dealer and have most of the mod parts in stock (Team VW gets a lot of their parts from them). When APR has their next sale I plan to purchase parts from GRD Tune, install them myself, but let them install the tunes. Not to worry about voiding the warranty. On the most part the GTI internal engine parts are pretty stout. Also based on my son’s experience and many other owners, they have been free of issues using APR mods.
The reason I asked about Team is because when I last called them about APR tunes, they said they require you to sign a form telling VW that you are intentionally voiding your warranty.