GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heat & D mode driving

Amiri86

Has anyone captured this behavior on video? The only day it got hot enough to cause it recently, I was driving home from work and the dealer was already closed for the day. Didn't think to film it until later. I'd like to be able to show them what it's like, they haven't been able to replicate on 2 attempts. It seems the only way I'm going to get answers from VW is if they see it for themselves.

My car does that, really annoying

https://youtu.be/P01Aed31Q9k

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You may want to check with the local tuners if any of their DSG tunes get rid of that. I had an opportunity to drive in 100 degree weather last year after getting flashed with the APR TCU tune, and didn't notice any odd shifting. However, the temperature was so borderline above 100 degrees that I wouldn't call it as conclusive that APR has fixed the problem you are seeing.

See if you can get a DSG tune under the money-back guarantee, and get flashed back to stock if the problem is still there.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I have noticed this behavior on my 2016 golf r in only 80°F weather, it didn't happen until I installed the jb1 so that may have something to do with it.

pgard1

Ready to race!
Updating an old thread as I've recently done stage 1 apr and dsg. This behavior still exists in 100+ tmps with my tunes. It's just something I've learned to live with and use manual mode if it feels stuck in 4th.