GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 Golf R ECU Upgrade!

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Had APR tuner do stage 1 programming today with 122 miles on the clock. The car wasn't pulling as well as I thought it would on drive home, however it was nearly 100 degrees and humid earlier this afternoon in DFW, TX. I let the car sit a few hours and with sunset headed out for burgers just a lil bit ago. Wow! The car is definitely tuned and more like what I was hoping for. Temperature has dropped to 85 degrees and pulling way better with much more responsiveness.

I'm in plano too @imtimmy. Let me know when you want to run a stage 2. :D

imtimmy

Ready to race!
I'm in plano too @imtimmy. Let me know when you want to run a stage 2. :D
Lol, I've been listening to exhausts notes on youtube for the last 2 days. Can't wait to go stage 2 for that exhaust note etc. You have DSG or manual?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi Arin@APR
There has been a lot of talk about exhausted sound for the R.
Is the sound effected by the tune?

The subject I am most interested in is DSG Brrrp/fart and crackles during gear shifts and throttle life off.

I know other tuners offer there own sw that gives more pops and bangs...

Can you please give us a small walk through on this subject and what APR can do?

Thanks.

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bump on the above questions...
Please reply.
There are many people wondering about this I think.

Hardcore VW

Passed Driver's Ed
Had APR tuner do stage 1 programming today with 122 miles on the clock. The car wasn't pulling as well as I thought it would on drive home, however it was nearly 100 degrees and humid earlier this afternoon in DFW, TX. I let the car sit a few hours and with sunset headed out for burgers just a lil bit ago. Wow! The car is definitely tuned and more like what I was hoping for. Temperature has dropped to 85 degrees and pulling way better with much more responsiveness.

That's life telling you that your car would respond well to an intercooler! These cars loose a lot of power when it's hot out like that, makes a "night and day" difference. (pun intended!)