GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

nate704

Go Kart Champion
If it gets passed and signed I'll buy one for my .22. There will be a huge demand so be prepared to pay a premium price, and wait unless you get in quick.

I think it will be the other way around. The price will go down due to more supply and buyers can buy them whenever they want, so no need for hurrying or buying bulk due to the current long wait time.

armedferret

Ready to race!
I think it will be the other way around. The price will go down due to more supply and buyers can buy them whenever they want, so no need for hurrying or buying bulk due to the current long wait time.

Not to mention making one's own without the Form 1.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Suppressors are not expensive. I never saw where the bill includes being able to legally make your own. Where did you see that?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Joel

Ready to race!
You can make your own now, just have to have pay the tax and have the paperwork.
Guy on a local gun forum does it.

armedferret

Ready to race!
You can make your own now, just have to have pay the tax and have the paperwork.
Guy on a local gun forum does it.

I know this, but once HPA passes, then the only regulation on making your own is the same as making one's own firearm of any other (non-nfa) sort. That was the point of my post.

armedferret

Ready to race!
Suppressors are not expensive. I never saw where the bill includes being able to legally make your own. Where did you see that?

Form 1 suppressor is the same as a Form 1 SBR/SBS/AOW/DD. Removal of suppressors from NFA registry means no more Form 1 needed.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I hope the higher demand will eventually bring the cost down on suppressors, time will tell I guess. Regardless of price, the HPA passing would be awesome

On another note let's talk pocket guns. My current EDC are a Sig P938 and a Glock 19 gen 4. I'm strongly considering trading or selling the sig for a Glock 43...input on this? I've had the 938 for a few years and put about 1300 rounds through it. I've had enough issues with it being ammo picky, sent back for magazine retention issues, and a magazine came apart on me (spotwelds broke) that I've grown to love it, but also not trust it.

After shooting the G43 and knowing the reliability of my G19 it seems like a nobrainer, just would like to hear some more opinions

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you don't trust it you already have your answer, assuming you don't want it SOLELY as a range toy.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with it. Gotta trust your EDC and I don't have any range only guns. I feel like I'm better off dedicating all of my range time to the gun or guns I'll be carrying.

So I guess I coulda worded that differently, more or less looking for some unbiased opinions on the 43

Talon

Ready to race!
Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with it. Gotta trust your EDC and I don't have any range only guns. I feel like I'm better off dedicating all of my range time to the gun or guns I'll be carrying.

So I guess I coulda worded that differently, more or less looking for some unbiased opinions on the 43
Love my G43. Great size and have not had a single failure with a wide variety of ammunition. My wife prefers it over her shield as well. Will probably give her the 43 and try out the new xde for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I hope the higher demand will eventually bring the cost down on suppressors, time will tell I guess. Regardless of price, the HPA passing would be awesome

On another note let's talk pocket guns. My current EDC are a Sig P938 and a Glock 19 gen 4. I'm strongly considering trading or selling the sig for a Glock 43...input on this? I've had the 938 for a few years and put about 1300 rounds through it. I've had enough issues with it being ammo picky, sent back for magazine retention issues, and a magazine came apart on me (spotwelds broke) that I've grown to love it, but also not trust it.

After shooting the G43 and knowing the reliability of my G19 it seems like a nobrainer, just would like to hear some more opinions

I had a P938, and it was not ammo picky at all, and it was great for the EDC duty. you can't even tell you have it even just wearing a t-shirt. However, it was not very comfortable drawing from the holster due to its size, and I was not comfortable having only 6+1 rounds. The magazine was expensive as well.
Now, I carry G19 as my EDC with low ride IWB kydex holster from cooks holster.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Took the Springfield 1911 Ultra-Compact Hi-Cap out again this weekend. Another 300 rounds, another 3 failures to return to battery. I am going to have to start tracking the failures to see if it is only with certain magazines now. This is really upsetting, I bought this as an intended carry piece, but with so many malfunctions, that ain't happening lol.

"Oh hold on bro don't try mugging me yet this magazine is finicky. One second."