GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight mod

Hiddz

I currently have a 2014 GTD with xenon/LED headlights and want to fit a set of headlights from a 2016 golf R, the plugs look exactly the same and the R lights have the ballasts etc but will they simply plug and play or would they need to be coded? I cant find anywhere thats willing to code them (if it does need doing)
TIA

KroniK25

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2015 GTI and recently did this. The Golf R headlamps I got already came with all the modules/ballasts already installed on the bottom of the headlamps. All I had to do was swap over the bulbs plus I had to change the coding to let the car know it had led turn signals now. Before I changed the coding the signals would work but they had this weird flicker to them but that went away once changed the one line of code.

JBale

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 GTI and recently did this. The Golf R headlamps I got already came with all the modules/ballasts already installed on the bottom of the headlamps. All I had to do was swap over the bulbs plus I had to change the coding to let the car know it had led turn signals now. Before I changed the coding the signals would work but they had this weird flicker to them but that went away once changed the one line of code.

Would you mind sharing the headlight part numbers? I'm considering doing this as well but I dont want to pick up the dynamic beam set by mistake.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Would you mind sharing the headlight part numbers? I'm considering doing this as well but I dont want to pick up the dynamic beam set by mistake.

This may be a dumb question so I apologize, I also don't mean to hijack, but what are the differences in the LP GTI headlight, and the Golf R headlight?

Hiddz

That's great info mate Thanks, the problem I'm having is getting someone to do the coding of them as I wanted to check I could get it done before I bought them (obviously VW don't want to know) are yours original genuine vw R lights? And do they have dynamic lighting?

Hiddz

This may be a dumb question so I apologize, I also don't mean to hijack, but what are the differences in the LP GTI headlight, and the Golf R headlight?

The R lights have the "double U" instead of the single in the gti/gtd, also the indicator is LED in the R lights.

KroniK25

Passed Driver's Ed
That's great info mate Thanks, the problem I'm having is getting someone to do the coding of them as I wanted to check I could get it done before I bought them (obviously VW don't want to know) are yours original genuine vw R lights? And do they have dynamic lighting?

Yep, NA OEM R lights. The R lights have the halogen cornering lights just like my GTI lights did.

5G0 941 751 C
&
5G0 941 752 C are the part numbers on my lights. These are the NA Golf R Valeo lights with the yellow/orange reflector in the corner.

KroniK25

Passed Driver's Ed

The R lights have the "double U" instead of the single in the gti/gtd, also the indicator is LED in the R lights.

Also the stripe in the R headlights is Silver/Chrome while the GTI has a Red stripe