GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 to JB4 Upgrade Done!

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
Finally. Finally. Installed the JB1 to JB4 upgrade. A bitch to install. Though I'm no handyman, I still could do the upgrade myself, but took probably 45 minutes total.

WHAT. AN. UPGRADE. Golf R. Map 2. Catted Downpipe, Drop in Filter. Night and day difference compared to Map 1 on JB1. Smoother? Definitely. Faster?
Undeniably. My body lurches forward abruptly at every shift, something I have never felt with either the NPM or the JB1. Recently tempted to go full tune.
Just realized I might not need to. Bravo. A new lease on life on my 17' Golf R.

Next up: Turbo Inlet and Outlet hose.

Check out Club Wolfsburg. A 1400 strong club for performance VW and Audis based in Toronto. Membership open to boys and girls in the States as well. Join in on our events!

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
You can resell all the parts he has. You cannot resell a tune.

JB4 ftw!

Sure, but at a depreciation, and the piping does nothing, I have it, waste of $$$ for performance, few more turbo noises though.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Sure, but at a depreciation, and the piping does nothing, I have it, waste of $$$ for performance, few more turbo noises though.

Piping is more of a personal preference, I agree. The JB4 will depreciate, but will retain more value than a tune is all I am saying.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Piping is more of a personal preference, I agree. The JB4 will depreciate, but will retain more value than a tune is all I am saying.

Oh I agree, didn't know it was a lease, but surely wouldn't waste any $$$ on hard parts in that case especially ones that don't do anything and also depreciate, imo

Just an opinion from a guy who has wasted the $$$, but surely wouldn't have on a lease, or if I could do it over again. That's all, imo the only reason to upgrade that plastic oem is if you're worried about it cracking way done the road, long after your lease will be over, again just my opinion.

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
I only thought about doing the piping because another club member said the piping by itself does not do anything, but paired with other mods it does make a difference. The guy has all that on his own car, tune, full exhaust, downpipe, intake etc.

That's not true?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Jeez, people do this kind of stuff to leased cars?

I think this is why I'm so scared to buy something that someone other than myself used.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Jeez, people do this kind of stuff to leased cars?

I think this is why I'm so scared to buy something that someone other than myself used.

I'd be more concerned about buying an off-lease car from someone who never modded it but abused it daily (like how people drive rentals).
Just because it has a JB1/4 the person can still take care of the car and it may be a gem to get off-lease.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^
That's a good point. It definitely matters how much each individual cares about their car.

I've read some stuff on here saying that basically any tune basically ensures you'll shorten the clutches lifespan. S'all I'm sayin :p

NCR-R

Ready to race!
^
That's a good point. It definitely matters how much each individual cares about their car.

I've read some stuff on here saying that basically any tune basically ensures you'll shorten the clutches lifespan. S'all I'm sayin :p

That's why you go DSG! Jk. Ya that is true it would... but at least it's simple enough to replace when the time comes. I've bought cars only a few years old with no power and needed to replace clutches since the previous owners apparently didn't know how to drive them properly :mad: