GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD for the 7R

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If only the Haldex was operational and locked, that is all of the engine traction control and BS brake controls were disabled I'd expect we'd spin the right front and right rear wheels under full power when moving forward, and the left front and left rear in reverse.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
If only the Haldex was operational and locked, that is all of the engine traction control and BS brake controls were disabled I'd expect we'd spin the right front and right rear wheels under full power when moving forward, and the left front and left rear in reverse.

This^^^ that's how the open diff works in any car without LSDs.
I'm curious though. with the assumption you made above, the car will do 360 degree turn in place?? :confused:

acemanic

I'm also interested in a wavetrac LSD for my R...I am also aware of the fact that we also have xds and other artificial systems mimicking a conventional LSD. I understand that xds can be disabled via vcds, and was wondering if anyone has done so and were they also able to turn off other assists that use the brakes. If so, will this be a good idea? To me, when I'm on the track midcorner I don't want to have to think about electronics suddenly putting on braking on any particular wheel and potentially upsetting the car, let alone losing time. Having a mechanical LSD makes those systems redundant so I think turning them off completely would make more sense.

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Have you experienced any midcorner upsetting of the car? I've done a dozen autocross events and have not experienced this.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if that link is working properly since the URL tag is right, but it doesn't appear to be the right differential based off the landing page. Below is the right part number for the AWD model.

We have these in stock ready to ship :)

10.309.186WK

http://vag.excelerateperformance.com/wavetrac/differentials/10309186wk/i-2211079.aspx
Thanks for clarifying; I noticed the description on the page doesn't state that this one is compatible with the Mk7.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
How do you know which ring gear is installed on the diff?
Do you need to open the box ti confirm?