GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cigarette lighter 12v Always on.

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
I just went camping and discovered the 12v ports were dead when the car is off. I had to ask a friend if I could use his outlet, and of course caught grief for asking. So today I came home kinda disappointed with my new car and was just about to rant in the "Most annoying thing thread". But I did a search and found this! Brilliant! Took all of 1 minute. Love this community.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Best Mod!

I just went camping and discovered the 12v ports were dead when the car is off. I had to ask a friend if I could use his outlet, and of course caught grief for asking. So today I came home kinda disappointed with my new car and was just about to rant in the "Most annoying thing thread". But I did a search and found this! Brilliant! Took all of 1 minute. Love this community.

It would be nice if we could have a "must do list" posted at the top of our forum so anyone visiting or joining will see it. :) Glad you found this perfect mod! FREE!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
always loved that I could charge my battery pack while car was off in my Mazda. Realized I couldn't do this in the Golf. Quick search and lo and behold. Awesome find.

travman86

I gave this a shot on my 2017 GTI S, but the top fuse slot actually has a small plastic tab in the bottom of the slot that prevents dropping the fuse in. Has anyone else ran into this?

55belairgasser

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you! I always hated that I couldn't charge my phone at car shows without starting the vech. Took a whole two mins. to correct the problem.

theycallmedavis

Hated this about new vehicles, glad there was a fix to be able to have those outlets be useful while the car is off.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
How do we do this on the golf? My fusebox looks way different

edit: I guess this is behind the glovebox

The glove box has two catches inside at the top you need to push up to release the glove box to swing open fully. Look out for the small cog that sometimes falls out from the damper slide and two rubber grommets that always fall off from the top edge of the box. The fuse box and pollen filter are behind.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
This trick did not work on my 2017 R. My fuse array is slightly different in that the black fuse marked 1 to the right of the yellow 30 amp is missing on my car. Anyone know what the black 1 fuse is for?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
This trick did not work on my 2017 R. My fuse array is slightly different in that the black fuse marked 1 to the right of the yellow 30 amp is missing on my car. Anyone know what the black 1 fuse is for?
Don't know what it's for, but my 2017 GTI doesn't have that either. Moving the 20 amp fuse up gives me always-on 12v sockets though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

You need a new friend.