GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets talk downpipes

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Rev9 Update
Well, looks like the Rev9 DP, even with the 42dd Spacer, still throws a CeL. I was getting it constantly, so I moved the 42DD spacer all the way out, tightened it down again and reset the CEL. Drove around the car a few times, and no problems. Then this morning after 15 minutes, the CeL comes on again for post cat rich. Looks like the 42DD spacer still isn't enough for the Rev9.

My question is, do I have to worry about anything not performing as good due to the CEL? I can remove it each time it comes up using Torque App, but is it really necessary? Does the car get put into limp mode? It sure doesn't seem like it, but I just wanted to check to ease my mind.Also, do I have to power cycle the ECU after I made the change the the 42DD? or is clearing the CEL enough?

I also fixed the exhaust leak by bringing the stock and aftermark meetup point as close together as possible and then using some permatex exhaust sealant at the join. Stuff is odd, but worked wonders and fixed my leak right up.

dstarr

Hey guys, just had my dp and exhaust installed yesterday. AWE Switchpath and non-res dp. AWE has the no CEL guarantee, and so far after driving roughly 25 miles, no light.

Not the best video quality or lighting.

https://vimeo.com/177703598

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

panzr15

Ready to race!
Realize that I'm reviving an old thread, but can anyone shed some light on why some companies are making 3.5" dp's that then neck down to 3" at the flex or just after the first major bend exiting the turbo? Clearance past the subframe/drive shaft? EGT's drop enough to see a noticeable difference in exhaust gas volume? Etc?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RoyB2

Ready to race!
My understanding is the tubing right after the turbo you want as large as possible. That will be the hottest and most constricted space as it changes direction.

Mceric01

Ready to race!
FYI, I had a SPM downpipe with non catted and catted sections for my 12' GTI and liked it a lot. I contacted them so see if they were going to produce a downpipe for the mk7 R and they said they did the prototype and will start production soon.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
FYI, I had a SPM downpipe with non catted and catted sections for my 12' GTI and liked it a lot. I contacted them so see if they were going to produce a downpipe for the mk7 R and they said they did the prototype and will start production soon.

Wow... SPM is back? I also had a mk6 setup that I was pleased with.

:)

larbel

I just ordered the MTM HJS Euro 6 catted downpipe, it's basically the exactly OE design like the HJS. I'm only using JB4 so no CEL is important to me, and I like the one piece design plus keeping everything OEM look and ordering from MTM without VAT works out actually about the same as Miltek HJS, plus I don't have to wrap the header myself... Any reason why no one seems to be using MTM or HJS here?

Attachments

• zu-m-go7253111-1_900x462_1474564637.jpg
    zu-m-go7253111-1_900x462_1474564637.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 535

rr1santos

Ready to race!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I just ordered the MTM HJS Euro 6 catted downpipe, it's basically the exactly OE design like the HJS. I'm only using JB4 so no CEL is important to me, and I like the one piece design plus keeping everything OEM look and ordering from MTM without VAT works out actually about the same as Miltek HJS, plus I don't have to wrap the header myself... Any reason why no one seems to be using MTM or HJS here?

Umm...maybe because it looks like it has the same weird bend/restriction as the stock pipe? Doesn't look like an upgrade to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Hello fellow enthusiasts, i have a question for the guys who installed they're DPs themselves. As far as i know, the driveshaft bolts are torque to yield, does anyone have the part number? Also, does anyone have the torque spec?

I ordered a CTS turbo catted DP for my wife's 8v S3 and I'm gathering everything i need for install.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Hello fellow enthusiasts, i have a question for the guys who installed they're DPs themselves. As far as i know, the driveshaft bolts are torque to yield, does anyone have the part number? Also, does anyone have the torque spec?

I ordered a CTS turbo catted DP for my wife's 8v S3 and I'm gathering everything i need for install.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Drive shaft bolts? For everything I had to tighten on the downpipe I just went gutentight. And rechecked after 200 miles nothing loosened up. On the torque to yield bolts you could reuse them and use blue loctite instead of buying new bolts