GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your preferred method of cleaning glass?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Just curious how you guys prefer to go about cleaning your windows both inside and out. After years of struggling to find that perfect glass cleaner, I find that wetting the window or glass with a wet papertowel and then drying/buffing with a low pile microfiber works best. No cleaners used. I clean my apartment windows using this method also. I have zero streaks even when in direct sun.

When I do need to use a cleaner(ex. softening bird poo), I use Stoner Invisible Glass or Auto Magic's Foam Glass Cleaner. Both are pretty much the same thing, and cling to whatever you spray them on, giving you a chance to counter any runs or drips.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I clean mine with water, then clean it with rain-x, then buff it off. The inside is the same, my windows are spotless until I drive. Rain-x is awesome. If I'm in someone elses car I really do notice the difference

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
i use stoner's invisible glass and a waffle weave microfiber towel. zero streaks

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Invisible Glass and newspaper (if available) or paper towel.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I clean mine with UWW+ inside and out, for some reason it just seems to clean much nicer than anything else I have used. I spray and wipe the drivers side, then spray the passenger side, wipe it, and dry it; Then I dry the drivers side because I always get some overspray from the passenger.

I am considering doing the glaze trick to the inside, and I use rain-x on the outside now but I want to move to a glass sealant

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
For the inside windows I use Stoner's Invisible Glass with a cheapo microfiber towel. Never any streaks. Outside it's usually Rain-X but I recently switched to Aquapel which has lasted longer. I've also found a yearly clay on the outside windows helps.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I have found that using a high end silica spray sealant outlasts both Rain-X and Aquapel on the outer glass. Rain-X is just primarily a caranuba wax.

I support the annual claying of exterior glass, makes a huge difference. I get 2-3 years out of OE VW wipers by maintaining a clean windshield.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Sonax Glass Cleaner and two-microfiber rag system.

Once a quarter I clean the windshield and rear glass with bon ami 1886 to get that oily film that builds up over time.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Sonax doesn't use alcohol to clean, so the working time is longer and you won't get streaks on hot glass.

A bit pricy, but I'm happy to pay for a superior product.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Sonax for now, but have Gyeon glass coming. Guy I know who swore by Sonax said Gyeon is the best he has ever tried.

FPP

Passed Driver's Ed
My preferred method is to let my wife do it :).

lokerola

Ready to race!
Stoners invisible glass and microfiber. If it's the spring detail I'll hit the exterior glass with clay or a clay mitt first.