GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 Issues...again.

VEXZN

Basically; after completing another 1000Mi trip I've noticed a very loud whirring noise coming as I increase speed. Stumped to what it could be. I'll hopefully be doing a compression test this week some point - depending on my time. But; has anyone got any pointers? Surely; tyre noise woudnt be that loud of a whirring noise.

I do need to service the car; in around 250Mi.

It may be just me overthinking and focusing on the noise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
I just see ur other post about it turbo so it could be related. How did it turbo go the first time. Have u had the car since new? Has it car been moded?

VEXZN

I just see ur other post about it turbo so it could be related. How did it turbo go the first time. Have u had the car since new? Has it car been moded?
Turbo seals went few months back. Still undiagnosed. They charged diagnostic fee and just rebuild the turbo without repairing what caused it. (In my opinion; built up crankcase pressure blew the seals). Bought the car on 33,000Mi with the only issue of misting O/S/F Shock. Since the turbo got rebuilt I've recently lost 250ml of Oil on a 320Mi trip. But, refilled oil and done 1000Mi with no oil missing?! Driving manner was the same. But load whirring now. Sadly; I think it could be piston related. But; again not sure. Will need further diagnostic. Just looking for common faults regarding the engine.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Possibly a wheel bearing starting to fail?

VEXZN

Wheel bearings; tyres and tracking done. Still very loud. Going in Tuesday for a new turbo (warrenty) and diagnostic. Personally could be rings? Maybe.