GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just changed my wheels

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
I just changed my Tires (Black Round Rubbery things around wheels/Rims)

So I just changed my wheels and opted for the "Nitto Invo" (225/40/18) after a friends recommendation. They are pretty amazing.. Super smooth on the road and feel almost like im gliding. I can only recommend them.. And wow.. They look neat!

Cost me 550 a piece which is incredible pricing imho.

Got them from Zdegree in Al Quoz with a free tire rotation after 8000 km and a car wash.. Woot!

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Congratulations on your purcahse.
Intersting tread pattern.
The water grooves are huge. Any issues on grooved highways if you have any in area?

Sorry to correct but,:eek:

You purchased tires. Black and round.
Wheels - are the metal parts you mount the tires on.

I know we are international so in you area my info might not be right but to most they use these terms. Just sharing.

Again - looks nice and enjoy your ride!:)

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations on your purcahse.
Intersting tread pattern.
The water grooves are huge. Any issues on grooved highways if you have any in area?

Sorry to correct but,:eek:

You purchased tires. Black and round.
Wheels - are the metal parts you mount the tires on.

I know we are international so in you area my info might not be right but to most they use these terms. Just sharing.

Again - looks nice and enjoy your ride!:)

:p well .. how would i now change the title >_< thanks for the info.. will from now on call them tires... but "wheels" .. I always called those rims.. strange world...

we don't have any grooved roads here, only while they are under construction, I have to admit, that roads in Dubai are among the best I've driven on.

Last edited:

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
changing something like tires is hard to explain, especially when you have gradually gotten used to tires getting worst over a period of 1 year.

The sensation of driving on new tires, is imho always more positive than it should.

but this is what I've gathered over the past week

They are insanely quiet, I drive through a parking-lot and can't hear them. I think if Tesla, used those on their Model S, you wouldn't hear it sneaking up on you.

They feel glued to the road, when I accelerate at a traffic light, i feel absolutely no slip, yet again I drove my front wheels until the markers were level with the rest of the tread, so... my reference was that at a traffic light.. the ESP light would flash itself dead (Sports mode, and "pedal to the metal" hehehe..).

They Glide... on the Highway I feel like I'm hovering, but on tracks...

Grooved roads is an interesting question, as everytime I drive on grooved roads I feel like I'm slipping even while driving properly with my older tires, as said only at roads under construction.

but so far so good .. they feel pretty well made.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
:p well .. how would i now change the title >_< thanks for the info.. will from now on call them tires... but "wheels" .. I always called those rims.. strange world...

we don't have any grooved roads here, only while they are under construction, I have to admit, that roads in Dubai are among the best I've driven on.

Rims/Wheels - both acceptable in USA.
To change a post select edit at bottom of post. Then select "Advanced" once post is up. You should now be able to edit title and body of post. Save when done.

Enjoy your tyres/tires. :)

GTILuvah

Updated Review?

Hello,

As someone who's going to change his tires for the first time since the OEM ones, I've been going mad doing research before biting the bullet on a set :confused:

The Nitto Invo's keep coming up online and I've been curious to know how they've performed after an extended amount of time. How are yours at the moment? Especially with the heat in Dubai, I'd like to know if these tires can hold their own.

Would love to know if you'd still recommend these babies :D

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've had the invos for a while now and I can still absolutely recommend them! They've been holding up extremely well, even driving rough on hot blacktop. I have not experienced the tires on cold road surface though but I don't think they would perform any different. I still feel they are better than the old ones.

GTILuvah

So I've had the invos for a while now and I can still absolutely recommend them! They've been holding up extremely well, even driving rough on hot blacktop. I have not experienced the tires on cold road surface though but I don't think they would perform any different. I still feel they are better than the old ones.

Awesome! I've been in touch with Zdegree as well and I've decided to go with the Nitto NT555's. Partly because the Invo's won't be in stock for months and because from what I've read they seem like they will last compared to the Pirelli and Continental in a similar price range :eek:

Here's to hoping they do! I will miss out on the sweet tread pattern of the Invo's tho :(

GTILuvah

Update!

So I've gone on ahead with the NT555's, apart from missing out on the Invo's tread design, these tires have not left me wanting for more :D.

Also, for anyone looking around for tires, I cannot recommend Zdegree enough. After spending a week making calls to different shops, Zdegree managed to offer tires rated best in their category for 200-300 AED less than every other place (speaking of the Continental Sport Contact5 and Pirelli PZero's, manufactured in 2015) :eek: