GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Grit Guard Washboard!

Just when you though you had everything to wash the MK7.
Grit Guard now has an addition. The Washboard clips onto an existing Grit Guard. It is used to scrub the wash mitt each time getting more dirt out. Made in USA it fits the Grit Guard perfect. It works well but if you scrub hard the assembly can spin in the bucket. I found using a finger on my left hand to hold the top of the Washboard it then would not spin and you could scrub harder when cleaning the mitt.

Does it work?
I think so. The mitt I use for the bottom of the car was cleaner after the car wash than it was before. Scrubbing the mitt helps get more dirt out before refilling in the soap bucket.

Do we need?
No but when do we only buy what we need. Try it out it you are true detailer.

Video on product. Nice car. Wash in sun????

https://youtu.be/BNgaqLomqGQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Adjustable Headrest.

Unlike our Hyundai Tucson seats the GTI'S headrest are farther back. My wife does not like this for trips. I purchased an adjustable headrest pillow for her to try. Purchased on Amazon.
Search under Adjustable Headrest Pillow. Tried to link but could only copy the page.

Pillow can be mounted in 3 position. Low which fits my wife and looks the best. Flipped, which is a little taller but looks odd and over top of the OE headrest. I can only use the upper position (5' 11") but would only like on long trips. Looks odd for every day.
I did check to make sure it would not be a safety issue. The pillow is good quality, memory foam, but reacts faster and comes back to shape fast. The color and stitch matches GTI very close. I think it is leather or does a good job acting like it.
She will try and see how it works.

This one is interesting. Not sure she would like it.

Last edited:

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
This one is interesting. Not sure she would like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

This had me dying! It's literally a cocoon for your face lmao! :D

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
New RE980'S arrived.
First thing I noticed is how short the sidewalls look.
Had to login OK up tech info on Tirerack to compare them to the OE RE97 tires. All items match but SW area measure less. The defense groove looks good and deep. Guess the SW total height is made up in bead area or tread mini sidewall. 500 AA A rated.
The RE-11 235/40R18 sidewalls look huge in comparison.

I like the tread pattern. Now to get mounted.
Getting colder and need to remove Summer RE-11 tires.

RE-11 Sidewall.

Deep curb protector.

Last edited:

benpaul

Passed Driver's Ed
What are the RE980s related to? Are they winter tyres?

Didn't think the Potenzas were a Bridgestone brand available in the US.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
What are the RE980s related to? Are they winter tyres?

Didn't think the Potenzas were a Bridgestone brand available in the US.

RE980's are an All Season - Ultra High Performance Tire. 500 AA A rating.
New out now. I think an upgrade on the RE970 tire.
Potenzas have been for sale in USA a long time.
I had then OE on a new 88 Honda CRX.

New Tire rack comparison video.
Ultra High Performance All Season Tires.

https://youtu.be/HYadlAvkyPU

Last edited:

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
The tape is a smart idea. Wish I'd thought of that. Instead I trusted the shop. Now I have a scratched wheel. They are light scratches, but still scratches.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The tape is a smart idea. Wish I'd thought of that. Instead I trusted the shop. Now I have a scratched wheel. They are light scratches, but still scratches.

I have light scratches and a couple small nicks from normal road trash and rocks. Have never curbed. Yet!
Purchased a polisher this summer and may try polishing wheel face before mounting on car.

Recently had a young guy ask about buying my Austins which were in storage. He wanted them for a big late model Diesel Mercedes he drives. Not sure they would look right but he really seemed to like them. I would like a Neuspeed 5 spoke wheel for winter but not wanting to spend that now on wheels. Not sure he would pay close to what I might want. Not so much the Austins value but my cost to replace.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I recently picked up the 17" version of those neuspeed wheels "RSe05". I'm seriously thinking about running them with some meaty 17" tires for the summer since I have to deal with some crap roads as well in my area.