GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Android Sat Nav Retrofit

b00ner

All adds to the OEM unit, sits between the two inputs for the touch screen, which allows touch input and communications/power. So you unplug the two cable bundles from the screen, plug them into the new unit, and use the included cables to plug into the screen.

The only loss I've found so far, is the reversing camera won't interrupt the android screen while it's turned on. If you get a call on your phone, it will interrupt the audio as it's working through the car system, but it won't pause/stop what you're listening to.

I'd prefer to mirror my phone screen to the car, but as far as I've seen that's not simple/cheap retrofit on pre MY15(16?) models.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I got the device 2 weeks ago, and installed it. It works all right. It seems to dismount USB sometimes, and at times it cannot enable Bluetooth, which is annoying since I use it together with Torque to log my trips.

I hope the developers have a software update available some time soon.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
When connected to MIB1, it's pretty nice (besides the bluetooth/usb troubles).
But since I retrofitted an MIB2, screen responsiveness is crappy and I'm thinking about selling it, since it became pretty redundant now that I can do full screen mirroring over MirrorLink.