GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf discover sat nav card

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
My used 2016 GTD didnt come with a sat nav card just the empty V4 box, could I buy a new VW V5 card off ebay and would it work or need dealer programming ?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
didi you buy from a dealer??..if so ask them for it...

These SD cards are pesky as there is a security code written into the part which we cannot see..which means that only those cards work...

i.e. even if you download the maps correctly from the web onto an SD card the same spec they will not work as the security code is not there...

So you have to buy SD card from dealer...but the car should have come with it from dealer...

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
My used 2016 GTD didnt come with a sat nav card just the empty V4 box, could I buy a new VW V5 card off ebay and would it work or need dealer programming ?

Mine came with an empty V4 box (whatever one of those are) are you sure the card is not inserted in the device in the glovebox?
On the whole there is no reason to remove it as the card is of little use to someone else.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Mine came with an empty V4 box (whatever one of those are) are you sure the card is not inserted in the device in the glovebox?
On the whole there is no reason to remove it as the card is of little use to someone else.

Car is stolen/rec

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
didi you buy from a dealer??..if so ask them for it...

These SD cards are pesky as there is a security code written into the part which we cannot see..which means that only those cards work...

i.e. even if you download the maps correctly from the web onto an SD card the same spec they will not work as the security code is not there...

So you have to buy SD card from dealer...but the car should have come with it from dealer...

I`ve bought a new VW sat nav card off ebay, where is the security code ? will it still need to go to the dealer ?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I`ve bought a new VW sat nav card off ebay, where is the security code ? will it still need to go to the dealer ?

I STATED:-security code written into the part which we cannot see..

That's why they are call "SD" cards..they have a special security feature which can be used...& is used by VAG to make certain only their cards can be used in the satnavs for their maps..

IF the card you bought is genuine is should work ok...if not then it won't & the dealer might tell you to go speak to the people you bought the card from...dealer will sell & fit new card from them...

But why pay for card when the car should come with it otherwise the car NOT 100% as satnav can't be used?...