GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pinalloy paddle shifter. Anyone tried?

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Anyone's Pinalloy paddles discolor? I purchased black and my right one is discoloring, heading towards a dark gold color. Disappointing. I've just contacted them. We will see what they say.

I noticed a similar look on my + paddle today, but I'm more suspicious it's just the angle it sits at, reflecting the light from the drivers window. If the car is in my garage with the garage door closed, they look the same color, but in sunlight, the + paddle looks more golden...

Maybe take yours off and place them side by side on a table indoors and see if there is actually a discoloration of the paint. Hopefully it's just an optical illusion!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I noticed a similar look on my + paddle today, but I'm more suspicious it's just the angle it sits at, reflecting the light from the drivers window. If the car is in my garage with the garage door closed, they look the same color, but in sunlight, the + paddle looks more golden...

Maybe take yours off and place them side by side on a table indoors and see if there is actually a discoloration of the paint. Hopefully it's just an optical illusion!

Maybe, but it's been cloudy in the mornings and I notice it then. I actually first noticed it in my garage.

Pinalloy has yet to reply to my request for support.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I noticed a similar look on my + paddle today, but I'm more suspicious it's just the angle it sits at, reflecting the light from the drivers window.

You weren't the only one online who mentioned it might just be the lighting, so I wanted to demonstrate more clearly :)

Here's a video
https://youtu.be/iabariIR_6g

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I have the pinalloy ones, but I got them from AliExpress for about $70. Had some difficulty lining them up right but it was just user error. Besides the obnoxious + and - symbols they look nice, feel nice, and work great.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Libby

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the pinalloy ones, but I got them from AliExpress for about $70. Had some difficulty lining them up right but it was just user error. Besides the obnoxious + and - symbols they look nice, feel nice, and work great.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Do you have any photos after installed? Do you still got the link from AliExpress? I have never shopped at AliExpress :(

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Libby

Passed Driver's Ed

Checkout my latest updates ::p

Carbon Steering Wheel (pinalloy)

Carbon Paddle Shifter Extensions (pinalloy)

Das auto1

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to have black ones on my Honda Fit Sport. They looked great but the black faded to brown over the summer. I currently have silver ones on the GTI Sport. So far it’s been working out great.

HappyHokie

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Former MK7 SE